Interlude #3: Countdown To The Cell Games!

From one tragedy to another, Cell, the bio-android made by Dr. Gero, is hosting a tournament called the Cell Games. In 10 days time, the battle for the fate of Earth will commence. On a brighter note, thanks to Goku, the Dragon Balls were brought back, thanks to him bring Dende from New Namek to become the new Guardian of Earth. Meanwhile the Z-Team were making preparations for the upcoming fight, even more so than they have with the threat of the androids. Yerlec in particular was making extra sure to train whenever he could, only slowing down at the behest of Bulma and Vomi. Calming down a bit, he finally decided to take a break, lest he run himself ragged. As he does, he spots Vegessa and decides to strike up a conversation.

Yerlec: Vegessa, how goes things?

Vegessa: I've been better. Getting defeated by that overgrown roach was nothing short of humiliating. No thanks to that bald fool.

Yerlec(Annoyed): A sentiment both you and I share. Back to Cell though, I'm surprised you didn't take the bait in regards to his Perfect Form. That would've also been quite the fumble.

Vegessa:: Believe me, I considered it. But I recalled what you told me about my arrogance before I left to fight him. I'll admit, while I cherish my pride as a full-blooded saiyan, I suppose my pride can be a bit ... much.

Yerlec(Amused): As I live and breathe. Did you actually take my words into consideration? I had no idea they held such value in your eyes. Perhaps you're getting soft on me.

Vegessa(Flustered): D-don't get the wrong idea! I just didn't feel like dying to that bug, that's all! It had nothing to do with you or your words!

Yerlec: *Chuckles* As you say. You know, I've noticed that you've gotten pretty comfortable with your gender change.

Vegessa: Not like I've got any choice, since I'll be stuck like this forever.

Yerlec: Not quite, when you die we can change you back.

Vegessa: Implying I'll be killed again before age gets to me. Not a chance. That said, yes, I suppose getting used to this new body has been ... a journey, but one that I've done with relative ease. While I could do without the extra baggage, this body isn't too bad.

Yerlec: Heh, getting in touch with your feminine side, I see.

Vegessa: If you're here solely to mock me-

Yerlec: Settle down. If I really wanted to mock you, I'd loop back to your height again. Or lack thereof. I just thought I'd talk with you is all. I've been training all day today, and after training in the Time Chamber, Bulma and Vomi suggested that I slow down for the rest of the day.

Vegessa: And that lead you to me?

Yerlec: Indeed. Odd as it is to admit out loud, you and I have gotten more comfortable around each other as of late. What with us seeing eye to eye in terms of how we handle threats. Granted, we still have our squabbles, but at least we're not trying to kill each other any more.