Chapter 7 Hatred

It's 9 p.m., and I'm sitting in this mansion's living room, doing nothing while staring at a giant TV in front of me, but nothing interesting is about to happen to keep me occupied.

Then I observed him, Adrian, heading somewhere in a casual grey shirt with blue trousers, his Greek god body visible even through the shirt, making me uneasy from the inside, he had the phone in his hand while talking to someone, making me nervous from the inside.

I moved closer to him, hoping to overhear his conversation and learn more about my brother, because I've never received Sarah's message about their condition, how they're doing, even if they're fine, since that day.

I searched the area till I spotted Celia.

"Celia, where did Adrian just go?" I inquired.

"Mr. Campbell, went to his study room," she said, and I nodded and followed Adrian to the upper floor of the mansion, where he was going to his study room. He went to his study room while I tiptoed behind him, hoping to hear what he was saying in the hope of learning more about my brother.

He comes to a halt near his table and turns around, and I stand there wide-eyed.

I gulped in horror as I saw his eyes darken as if they had Strom in them as he frowned at me.

I swallowed and gazed down with a straight mouth, trying to form a word.

He did nothing, and I could feel his eyes on me the entire time, like if he was about to burn me.

I wrapped my arms about myself and mumbled, "I....just want to know about my brother."

"Don't worry, just pray to God that your brother doesn't show his face to me or appear in front of me, otherwise I'll make his life a living hell," he added flatly, forcing me to look at him.

"So, this is what it means," I gulped.

"I won't do anything to your brother," he continued coldly, "so he better not show his face to me, or I'll forget that he has a pregnant girlfriend," I nodded in horror, knowing what he is capable of and can do to us just by looking at him.

"But you will pay for what your brother did," he fiercely yelled to me as I was about to walk away.

I nodded, my lips twitching and my lungs filling with air.

This appears to be written in my destiny; for most people, sadness is a natural part of life, but mine is filled with misery and will be spent in pain.

**************
Finally, I up the magnificent stairwell to His Bedroom, where I will sleep.

I don't have much here except to eat and sleep.

I was ready to walk over to that plush king-size bed when I realised the rules.

Sighing, I looked at the floor, which appeared to be very cold, but I ignored this fact and lay down on the cold floor of his bedroom without a mattress or duvet. I wanted to avenge him for forcing me to sleep on the floor, but it wasn't his fault.

I mean, it's my brother Ashton, who ran away with his Fiancé, and he's been deceived, and if I ever try to do anything against him, he might harm my brother as well, and I won't let that happen till I'm mortal, so I have to pay for my brother's actions.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep; it's normal for me to sleep on a cold, hard floor; I'm used to it, so falling asleep was not a problem.

*****************
When the sun shone on my face, I slowly opened my eyes and yawned.

I eventually opened my sleepy eyes and the first thing I saw was the most handsome man I have ever seen, my so-called husband, wearing his Rolex watch while getting ready in his Grey Armani tuxedo, appearing so appealing, but I know the truth behind this attractive face, a devil in disguise.

He smirked and looked at me as soon as he saw I was awake.

I'm still sitting on the cold floor.

"Suit, for you," he said as he went through the drawers and removed his tie.

I grimaced in response to his remark.

"What do you mean?" I demanded angrily.

He stood in front of a mirror, wearing his tie, and said coldly, "I mean, a selfish gold digger is receiving the treatment she deserves."

I grimaced at the idea of him thinking for me.

But it's not all his fault; he's been deceived by my brother, and bad things have happened to him as well.

I stood up and walked towards him, looking down.

He was about to leave the room when I grabbed his hand and stopped him.

"I apologise," I said gently. "For what my brother did to you," I said, looking straight into his deep grey eyes. "But he loves her, and she loves him, even though they are expecting a baby together."

I believed I could persuade him, but his eyes darkened and his fists clenched.

While biting my lower lip and staring at him, I grasped the hem of my shirt.

He gets closer to me, causing me to back up, and then he grabs my arm and pulls it hard against my body, forcing me to gaze at him.

"To hell with your shitbrother," he snarled at me, "but always remember you will be the one who pays for what he did; do you even know what controversy happened when I signed those documents to Winstons?"

Papers, I recall Sarah's father requesting Adrian's signature on some documents.

"I already ruined that Winston family; they are now bankrupt, and Daniel Winston will soon be behind bars on fraud charges," he stated, causing me to wobble to the ground.

"Now that you know what I did to those who dared to interfere with me, you should know your position."

He walked out of the room, taking a jab at me, and hollered,

My breathing is shallow and quick, and I'm leaning against the wall, closing my eyes and wishing it was all a dream; I can't take it any longer.

"I already ruined that Winston family; they are now bankrupt, and Daniel Winston will soon be behind bars on fraud charges," he stated, causing me to wobble to the ground.

"Now that you know what I did to those who dared to interfere with me, you should know your position." He walked out of the room, taking a jab at me.

My breathing was shallow and quick, and I'm leaning against the wall, closing my eyes and wishing it was all a dream; I can't take it any longer.

So, how is this chapter my beautiful readers please tell me in the comments and please vote.