Chapter 31 Hate them

Adrian's Pov

As I approach my mansion, my eyes are drawn to Emberly, my wife, who is seated in the garden there with my sister Skylar.

While Emberly was making the mud and a small rose plant was kept next to them along with other plants, Skylar said something to her.

They are both gardening here, then.

Emberly and Skylar turned to face their mother as she approached them with a tray of sandwiches and a glass of milk.

She forces Emberly to take a seat in front of the small dining table in the garden, and Skylar joins her.

Skylar pouts as she hands them a sandwich, a fruit plate, and a glass of milk while gesturing for them to eat, which causes Emberly to burst into laughing.

I don't know why, but I noticed her happiness and my lips even curled.

Thank God, she's happier now. She'd been through worse, and I'll make sure her life with me is filled with joy from now on.

Finally, just by looking at Emberly, a weight that had been weighing on my heart lifts.

Dad's voice came from behind me and said, "Son."

Dad approached me as I turned around, and mum also arrived.

Dad motioned for us to go to the living room, "Come, we have something very important to speak with you," and I nodded.

I sat on a single sofa as my parents took a seat across from me on the couch.

Mom looked at them and said, "Son, you know your Nan was missing you.

My maternal grandmother, Nan, resides in Greece.

Mom agreed as Dad replied, "Yes son, and after hearing what occurs with Emberly, we urge you take her out of here, for a bit."

"You are correct, mom and dad. It would be better for me to take her somewhere else for a while in order to give her mind a break and help her feel better."

Dad said to me, "That's what we are thinking."

Mom said, "Yes, I agree with it."

In addition, Mom joked, "Since Your Nan heard about your marriage, she freaked out and asked why don't you invite her to your wedding because she wants to meet Emberly."

I looked at them and said, "I'm also missing my Nan. Mom, don't worry, I'll bring Emberly to Greece."

As my mother approached and embraced me, I joined her in giving her a hug.

"You are fortunate that she is your wife; always keep her happy, mom added while staring at me. She is a rare diamond; never hurt her; in today's world, it's practically hard to find a kind-hearted, innocent girl like her."

Don't worry, mom, I'll make sure that the shadow of anguish doesn't also approach her, I said as I nodded.

Dad gave me a big embrace and said, "I'm so proud of you, my kid, that's like my son."

I move in the direction of the garden and scan the area for her.

I feel nauseous and anxious even for a second without her.

I discovered her in the garden potting cacti.

I asked while attempting to contain my smile, "Do you have any animosity with flowers."

She turned to face me with a wet dirt stain on her head.

I frowned as I questioned her while staring at a small cactus seedling, "Why you're growing this, cactus, here instead of flowers?"

She chuckled cheekily, "Because the owner of this garden was very arrogant and just like this cactus," and I smiled at the sight of her genuine happiness. This is the first time I've seen her this happy since I married her.

She exclaims, "I'm just kidding," and stands up. She was about to leave when I grinned and grabbed hold of her skinny waist, squeezing her against me.

Even though I was wearing a business outfit, her hands were resting on my chest, and when she touched me, I felt a spark.

"See what you did, now your expensive suit got muddy because of mud my hands," she scowled as she turned to face me. And attempted to free herself simply shaking her head, but I was too obstinate to do so.

She stiffened more as I squeezed her waist with extra force.

I muttered, "Why I will let you go," in her ear as shivers appeared on her body.

"But your clothes are filthy." she rebuked.

Only I know how I'm stopping myself from taking her right here and from fucking her so hard in the garden as my eyes halt at her earlobe.

I squinted my eyes at her and asked, "Do you really think I care about my damn suit?"

She swigged, turned to face me, and I closed my eyes.

Fuck, I frighten her.

Her body stopped when my lips made contact with her flesh as I kissed her forehead.

She was staring at me with wide eyes when I caught her attention.

I continued to hold her while saying, "We're going somewhere, and I have no plans at the moment to let her go."

She mumbled, "Where," as she gave up trying to escape my grip and laid her head on my firm chest.

I backed away from her and added, "To Greece, my Nan, I mean my maternal grandma, wants to meet you.

She gasped and bit her lip as she glanced about, moving her fingers and worrying, "What if she doesn't like me?"

I smiled at her and stroked a strand of her hair behind her ear, saying, "She will adore you, I'm sure, just like Mom, dad, and Skylar are."

She stirred, glancing at the garden's flowers, and asked, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure," I replied to her.

Looking at the cactus sapling that she had planted in an overlooked area of the garden, he inquired, "Why you were planting cactus?"

My mouth widened at her next words, which were.

She averted her gaze, "Because I detest flowers."

Please, vote comment, and share.
If I will get a minimum of 15 - 20 votes then I promise I will immediately update the next chapter.