Chapter 26 Inner War

I come out of the car as Mr. Branton, the chauffeur, opens the door for me.

I will be right back, Mr. Brant, you don't need to wait for me here. I will call you once I am ready to come home. I told him, and he nodded while bowing down a little in front of me.

I came here to explore New York, as me and mom and Skylar went to the saloon, and my body wax, with a manicure, pedicure, and hair spa, was done, but their's was still running,

And I'm glad that I've decided to explore this beautiful city of New York since they were still in the saloon. Once they finish, Skylar will give me a call.

I hummed my favourite song, "Love me as you do," while walking around

I gasped when a force bumped me, making me stumble back.

I raised my eyes and automatically my lips stretched when I found Eric.

"Eric," it's been a long time since I've seen him; he was the only person who was friendly and concerned about me when I first arrived in New York.

That day, when I went to a café looking for a job, I was hungry as hell, as I didn't have my breakfast in a hurry.

But, he offered him cookies with coffee that day. He was a very good guy. He was so kind and I think a true gentleman.

I noticed the delivery bag he was carrying.

"Hey, did you start delivery too, with serving in a café?"

"Yaa, actually Sky went on vacation with his girlfriend, so I am covering up for him too," he said while scratching his neck.

"Oh, how are you?" I wrapped my arms around him.

He smiled and hugged me back.

"Now, after seeing your face, it's much better."

I pulled away from him, taking some steps back.

What did he mean by this that, by seeing my face he feels better, that there is anything which is in front of me but I can't see it?

What was exactly that?

"So, you look more pretty now," he smiled while looking at me.

"Thank you," I said, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, looking around.

"I am just hanging out." I smiled.

"How was your husband?" he practically screamed.

With a pinched expression

Is he talking about Adrian? Did he say he didn't like him?

"He was also good," I said, smiling, while scratching my neck.

"I'm, actually, my delivery service was done. Would you like to come with me, for a coffee at my place?" he asked while taking hold of my hand.

What, at his place? Don't mind Emberly, remember he was a good guy; it's safe to go with him. All he asked for was a coffee and nothing big deal in it. He did so much for me when no one was there.

So, I nodded, and we sat in his plain hatchback car.

On the way, I messaged Skylar not to wait for me, as I went with a friend to hang out.

Finally, he stops the car at his house.

His house was simple. The plain house is not much bigger, but I like the plain house more than mansions. The plain house gives us a cosy home feeling, unlike mansions.