Chapter 18 Stuborn

"Yes," he said, and I stared at him.

I clutch the hem of my shirt so tightly.

After his answer

He used to have someone else in his life.

"But that was and it is my past. It was over long ago. It can never be my present or future," he said, looking at my face.

I nodded lightly, looking around, trying so hard not to look into his eyes, because I know I will break down if I ever look into his eyes.

Why I will break down is that I have something for him in my heart.

"But it was my past and it will always be my present and future," he said, looking into my eyes.

My grip around the hem of my shirt loosens, making my chest feel light, but the thought of him with some other woman makes me feel so uncomfortable.

***********************

I heard a knock over the door, making me come out of my thoughts.

I went downstairs to open the door.

I looked at the young waitress smiling at me.

"Hello ma'am, this is for you," she said, giving me a beautifully decorated card.

I tilted my head, but before I could ask anything, she was out of my sight.

I went inside to the living room and opened it.

CANDSDALE EMPIRES' banquet party invitation

I heard that it is also a company like Adrian's CAMPBELL EMPIRES.

However, CAMPBELL EMPIRES is the clear winner among all competitors.

It is owned by Mr. Geread Candsdale. He is the rival and main competitor of Adrian in business, and the main headquarters of his company are here in Pairs, France. But why did he send us the invitation?I think it's because of business morals such as mutual respect.

The door of the bathroom gets opened and Adrain comes with only a towel hung around his waist.

I felt a flutter in my tummy as I bounced back, looking at him. Even my mouth felt so dry just looking at him.

"Um, Adrian, this comes for us," I said, showing him that invitation card.

He grumbled lightly as he saw it and frowned as he placed it in the dresser.

"Are we going there?" I inquired, fidgeting my fingers.

"NO.I will go there. There is no place for you in my life, so stay away, "he said while wearing his shirt with sweatpants."

"But why?" I asked as my lips pressed together. The invitation was for tomorrow's evening.

"Because I said so," he said coolly.

I looked away while pressing my lips together. I wanted to go to that party. I always used to love food, especially expensive and delicious food, as I never got a chance to eat it because they used to lock me in the house whenever they used to go over.

I shook my head. I don't want to think about it anymore. It always used to give me pain.

But the invitation comes for both of us, "I said while taping my feet so hard over the floor. I don't want to miss the delicious food I will get to eat there."

but he didn't say anything and went towards bed, ignoring my question.

I looked at him frowning. Fine, if he wants to play hard, I am in. I will also see how he didn't take me there at that banquet party.