Chapter 35 Realtionship

Adrian pov

She begged me to help her as the waves launched themselves at her, sending her plummeting to the bottom of the sea, but I turned away from her and tightened my hands into fists.

I want to save her and get her out of that damn water, but if I do, she won't ever be able to stand up for herself again. I don't want her to be a weak, helpless shell; instead, I want her to be strong enough to stand up for herself.

One thing became evident when her brother Asher informed me of her illness and how her uncle, aunt, and other members used to abuse and torment her.

She is so weak that she is incapable of standing up for herself.

She must thus embrace her inner rebel, have the will to overcome obstacles and stand up for herself.

And in order to learn, she must experience the threat to her life or soul damage that will awaken the spirit of retaliation within her. If I wanted to, I could jump in to save her in a matter of seconds, but I won't; she must do this in order to ensure that no one will ever harm her again once she learns how to defend herself and how to fight back.

She was moving more slowly as I turned to face her; it appeared like she was accepting defeat. My heart grew heavy as I wondered whether she was okay and worried about what may have happened to her.

When I saw her again heading higher with new vigour and only a minute later, she had reached the safety side of the sea, just as I was going to jump into the water to save her.

She closed her eyes and looked up at the sky with a look of renewed vitality and increased confidence.

I rushed over to her. When she heard my voice, her head shot back to "Emberly."

She scowled and turned her head away from me before leaving.

retreating from the sea

"Emberly, await my arrival." Even when I chased after her, she refused to pay attention to me.

I told her to stop right then, and she did so.

I glared at her, "What the heck do you think you're doing, why are you ignoring me?"

She yelled, "What do you expect me to do, where are my manners, Mr. Adrian Campbell, thank you so much for saving my life from drowning in water,"

I looked into her eyes and whispered, "Why, why do you want me to help you? Why did she always want a guy to save her when she was in danger? Why can't she save herself? Is she this weak?

She approaches and grabs the collar of my shirt, asking, "What did you say?"

She gave me a frown, "Say that again."

I laughed and placed my hands around her little, delicate waist as her tiny fingers were grabbing at my collar.

She swiftly attempts to distance herself from me, but I seem to be letting her go.

She attempted to go again, "Leave me and don't ever touch me," but I encircled her waist with my arms.

I'll let you leave now, but first let me know how you feel there. I turn my head to the side to face her.

Why is this a dumb question, she said, turning her head away.

Just tell, I pleaded.

She exhaled and looked into my eyes with a sincere smile although tears were also streaming from her dark eyes. "Well, it was so terrifying that I thought, I would die, but then I thought, what will be the value of my existence if I will die this much easier," she explained.

I brushed away her tears and said, "This is what I want to hear."

She questioned as she turned to face me, "Uh, what?"

"How do you feel right now?"

She bends forward and says, "Like, I'm just born today with new confidence and a new energy."

I replied, "See, you're no longer that helpless damshell in trouble," and she nodded.

She said, wrapping her arms around my neck, "Thank you so much, Adrian, you're the finest husband anybody could ask for."

I eventually told her the truth: "I think you are the finest wife anyone ever gets."

"She is my life," I said with a smile as I gazed at her face, which was damp from the sea and made her appear even more stunning.

Hi, my beautiful readers
I'm so sorry for being late actually my exams are about to come that's why I was not updating but I promise I will try will update more frequently from now on

Also another important announcement

today I'm gonna share some very exciting news with you all
I just published my all three books on newly launched reading platform 'Owo novel'
You will find my all the stories there even my third story Mr Billionaire's Unwnted wife completely published there with an epilogue I will publish it on Wattpad too but you can also find my third book there complete with an epilogue

Mr. Billionaire's Heart
Innocent Heart
Mr.Billionaire's unwanted wife
And also find a way to my Heart

You can download it from the play store and Istore too