Chapter 32 Favorite

Adrian's POV

I questioned her, jerking my head back in a bray of laughter, "Why do you hate flowers?"

They are the most overrated and deceitful creatures, she said, twisting her mouth into a scowl.

Although everyone likes flowers since they're so gorgeous, I refrained from laughing when I realised that she detested flowers and, more significantly, why.

"Why?" I questioned.

She whistled, "You know," but she quickly looked down after stomping on something under her feet.

"First, make an impression with colour, then leave a lasting impression with aroma. Eventually, the colour and fragrance fade away, leaving just what is left." While still sneering, she rapidly moves closer to them after noticing the cactus she planted in the far-off, unseen area of my mansion's garden.

Taking care to avoid hurting herself, gently touch them.

She touched them, and I said, "Be cautious!"
Thank God she's not wounded!"

Tears fall from her eyes, and even her hands are shaking as she says, "Thorns do not need to be frightened of wilting. A flower would die after some time, but thorns they did not die they kill, but never die, that's why I love them they're the greatest, they're not afraid of anybody, no one can damage them."

I understand why she was sobbing; most likely, she was remembering how her abusive uncle and his shitfamily used to treat her.

I yanked her into my arms and immediately wiped her tears.

"You'll love Greece," I told her, since my grandmother has the largest collection of various paintings that she purchased at auctions.

"She was in art, amazing," Emberly responded.

I smiled while watching her and nodded.

**************

"Seriously how much do you earn?" Emberly exhaled, gaping at the hotel room looking around while her mouth was slightly opened

"I don't exactly know my net value," I responded shrugging

It was one hell of a flight.

If I learned one thing from this experience it was to never travel with her. Ever! I had to thank the air stewardess for offering her sleeping pills. Unfortunately, she woke up just seconds before the landing! Then all hell broke loose.

"Liar," Emberly muttered, rolling her eyes.

We both were walking through the penthouse suite, I was busy on my phone going through some important stuff

when suddenly she squealed in excitement and kicked off her shoes. She ran full speed and launched herself on the mattress. She groaned and stretched out. "I love this." She closed her eyes and shuddered painfully

I sat on the bed where she was laying, humming some song,

"So, why we're here, don't you want to share something with me," she said

"Like what," I raised my eyebrows

"Like, you know that day when you forcefully brings me to from the party, when I was with your cousin, and that day you kissed me and almost ....." She stopped in mid

Tension cranked up a tight notch and buzzed through the air. She waited patiently for my answer. Here we go again. I was hoping that she wouldn't remember but then again she had a sharp memory. I sighed and thought about the words carefully.

"I..." How can I tell her what I can't face myself?

I did my best to not remember her or the moments we spent together. I wanted to pretend nothing happened between us.

Did she have a right to ask me this? I should be snapping at her not preparing myself to answer her. Telling her meant she could look at my weakness. But a part of me wanted to tell her. I knew if I trusted her with my secret she would support me, not judge or pity me.

"You know, I used to love Meghan, you remember you meet her at a party back there in Paris, " I told her, and she nodded

"But, then after she cheated on me, and betrayed me, I started hating the word 'love' since that day, I feel like I will never fall in love again, but now everything is changed after you, " I smiled while rubbing my tensed muscles losing and getting light from the heaviness

"What changed," she asked with furrowed eyebrows

"You won't understand," I shook my head and laid beside her, I looked at her

"What to cuddle, Mrs.Campbell" I wrapped my arms around her and closed my eyes, I want this moment to stop right here in her embrace.

************

When we arrived to my Nan's mansion,

She gave a little gasp. This response was understandable given the size of my Nan's enormous mansion.

She was skilled at splurging. When Grandpa died, she relocated here. She had always told me how she had just happened to run into him at a friend's gathering.

Grandpa worked as an architect and loved what he did.

Grandpa was an architect who had a strong sense of logic and was enthusiastic about what he did. However, he instantly fell in love with Anaya (my nan) and they were married a month later.

Her spirit was shaken when he died. But she adopted my grandfather's approach and developed a love for what she did. She revered the law and everything associated with it. She stood as my inspiration.

Before going to see her, I called her and gave her a quick update on my visit. My Nan soon appeared and gave me a warm embrace while smiling.

"My baby. Look at you."

She gave him a tender kiss on each cheek while cooing. When Emberly smothered a chuckle, I flushed.

"Nan." I grimaced and glanced at Emberly's side to let her know I was there.

And who do we have here? She swung her

"Hi, I'm Emberly," she said with a little smile.

She hugged her and said, "Oh, so you're Emberly, my grandaughter-in-law."

She grabbed my ear like I was a five-year-old baby in front of Emberly and said, "And You, young man, why you don't call me to your wedding?"

Emberly was trying so hard not to laugh as I called out to her, "Nan," as I turned to look at her.

I whimpered at her, "I'm sorry," and eventually she turned away.

I pouted and scratched my ear.

"Come, Emberly, you must be hungry. As Skylar told me, I let my staff make your favourite food." Nan embraced Emberly in her arms.

"And mine!" I screamed.

Nan glared at me, "You didn't ask me to your wedding, therefore no favourite food of yours, and you also have to eat Emberly's favourite food.

I protested, "But Nan, this is not fair," but she and Emberly already entered the villa.

It seems like Emberly is suddenly everyone's favourite, I sighed.

My inner voice replied, "And yours."

Hello, my beautiful readers how is this chapter

Did you all like Nan, I mean maternal grandmother of Adrian
Please tell me in the commnets.
Please comment and tell me and please vote.