Arranged Marriage || 35

[ - joshua - ]

Hours have passed and it's already 2.00 PM. Neither of us have had lunch yet and lunch hour is over so it's probably a perfect time to grab something to eat now. After all, Sophia hates crowded places and I don't blame her. It gets suffocating sometimes.

I don't really want to disturb her by going to her room, so I decided to call her instead.

I dialed in her number as I pressed the call button. After a few rings, she answered the phone

≿----- ❈ -----≾

Hello ??

Why did you call ???

[ By her voice I could
tell she have just woken
up ]

[ I kinda feel bad since I've
woken her up ]

Oh uh

It's already 2 PM and
I'm wondering if you'd
want to go out and
grab something to eat

Oh gosh--

It's 2 already ??

I overslept--- I'm sorry

What are you sorry for
oh my goshhhh

There's no need to be
sorry

You needed the rest and
I don't mind about it

You must've been
hungry for god sakes

Wait up, I'll get ready

Don't worryyyy

I haven't even gotten
ready so you don't have to
worry about anything

If you've finished early
or something, just head
to the lobby first

I'll be there

Will do

I'll see you soon !

[ I chuckled ]

You too

....

≿----- ❈ -----≾

She's so cute for god sakes. She sounded like her normal self already so I'm guessing she had a talk with Jihoon, Wonwoo or Mingyu. After all, the three of them are the only one who she's really really comfortable with.

I got ready as planned and went out of my room after grabbing everything that I need. I looked at the door of her room and it's tightly shut so I'm guessing she's still inside of her room. She'd usually leave it open if she goes out so yeah I should go to the lobby first.

I locked the door and left to the lobby

[ - sophia - ]

After I've finished taking a short bath, I picked out my casual clothes and got ready as fast as I could. I took my small handbag and put the important stuffs in there before leaving. I heard the door locking earlier so he had probably left.

I took the key of the apartment and went out of it. I locked the door and left to the lobby to see him playing on his phone. I've already ordered a cab first beforehand so all we had to do is wait for it. I went up to him as I sat down beside him.

"Sorry if I took too long" I said to him

"What ? No no ! I've just arrived like 2 minutes ago, no biggie" he laughed

"You seem to be in a better mood now. Had a talk with Jihoon ?" he asked

"You could say that" I said to him

"You two are really close huh" Joshua laughed

"Well, we've been really close for over 3 years already. You could say he's a person I'd find comfort in" I said to him

"Don't you want to date him ??? I mean, I wouldn't mind after all" said Joshua

I was kind of taken aback by it. Come to think of it, NEITHER of us have told on who we are interested in and the thing is I do like him. I like Jihoon too but since we're married already, isn't it a given that I'd prefer to be with him ?

I mean, I made a great choice don't I ? They've told me Joshua is a great guy and I can see it now. This isn't a mistake right ? Yet, why is it so hard for me to tell him about what I feel towards him ???

Come on Sophia, gain your damn courage to tell him.

I inhaled before turning to him

"Well uh the thing is..." I fiddled with my fingers

He hummed in response

"I---" I was cut off by our cab arriving.

"Let's talk about it later" I smiled at him and got up to enter the cab

He brushed it off and went into the cab too

Gosh THAT was awkward. I totally forgot about ordering a cab earlier ugh. I'd probably talk about it back in the apartment later. Preferred to have privacy after all. I just hope I wouldn't forget it though.

[ - joshua - ]

She was about to say something but our cab arrived, cutting her off completely. She was lowkey flustered but she hid it well.

"Let's talk about it later" she smiled and got up. She walked up to the cab and entered it. I followed her from the back.

The whole ride was quiet. She didn't strike any conversation with anyone unlike usual. I guess she just felt a bit nervous or something ? Who knows. She'd probably talk about it back in the apartment later which is something I don't mind.

The day goes on normally and I was happy to see her smiling even after what she told me. She excitedly showed me around. I guess she missed her hometown dearly. Who doesn't ? Even I missed L.A.

I can't wait to show her around my hometown next week.