Arranged Marriage || 71

[ - sophia - ]

I went straight to my house to grab the luggage at the entrance. I made sure everything's locked before ordering a cab. I would've went there by my own, but since I'm staying there with Shua, it's more convenient to have a car only.

I've already told him to go straight to the resort since I've already packed everything that he wanted and his clothes as well.

After waiting for a while, my cab arrived and it took around an hour or so to arrive at the resort. I checked in and went straight to the room I've booked earlier. Since it's already like 6.30 pm, I just took a bath like I'd usually do.

It's so peaceful here. Oh how long has it been ever since I've gotten some peaceful and relaxing time again ?? Ever since I've worked with Jihoon, things have been quite stressful since y'know, my motivation died down nowadays. It's exhausting if you ask me.

Of course, I do not hate my works whatsoever, but having to work with no motivation is really hard. I really avoid making any songs nowadays because of how dead my brain is. I might hate it if I do end up doing it.

Now that I got a week off of work, maybe it's time for me to rest my mind from all of these things and focus more on myself. Maybe all of these stress and pressure were the reason why I've lost the baby....

Thinking about it again, I should've went easy on myself but I didn't. It really was my fault and I still feel guilty. If only I was careful enough and looked after myself more, it would've survived.

Well there's no use crying over spilt milk after all. All that I know now, I've learnt my lesson and would try to improve myself even more. It's hard to move on, it's even harder compared to all of the relationships I've been in. Well... I lost a child after all, that's understandable. It's a shame though... Both of us were excited...

I let out of a sigh as I stared up onto the ceiling. Am I able to give him a child ?? Like... Would he leave me for that reason ?? I've heard about people leaving their partners behind because they're not able to give birth so would I ended up like that...?? Shua's a great guy so he wouldn't... Right...?

Thinking about it is giving me headache. See, this is why I should worry about myself more in the first place. I should really stop overthinking, it's messing a lot of things up and it's really unhealthy for me. I should focus on recovering more than putting myself under pressure like this.

Maybe I should take a nap. I'm exhausted from all of the works I've done today. Should've rested more especially when I've just gotten a miscarriage.

I texted Joshua the number of the room we're staying in for the night and went to sleep slowly after that.

[ - joshua - ]

I've finally finished my work so I quickly checked out and went to the resort Sophia's already booked the room at. It's already 8, I'm sure she have waited long for me. I hope she's not upset about me arriving late. I had so many works earlier.

Sometimes I really wondered if I'm a good husband for her like-- What did I do to deserve her ? I feel like I'm not paying attention to her at all because of my works and I honestly feels really bad.

I could've taken a few days off right ?? Like, to look after her since she's not really in the greatest condition right now... But who's going to settle the work if I take a lot of day off ? To rely on that Eunji is USELESS. I can't ask Jeonghan since he's also busy with her works... Gosh just by thinking of it stresses me out.

After driving for a while, I've finally arrived at the resort. I contacted Sophia hoping she'd bring me to the room since she have the key. After calling for two to three times and no answer, I felt worried so I asked the receptionist for a spare key. I explained the situation beforehand so they wouldn't ask much. They follow me up to the room I'd be staying in for sure.

I thanked them and entered the room shortly after. I saw her sleeping on the bed soundly. I guess she was really tired huh ?? I can't blame her, she had to help me a lot. I feel so useless like, I wonder why am I the CEO when I can't even get things done quickly unlike her. I seriously have the urge to make her the CEO instead but since she's working somewhere else now, it wouldn't happen.

Since she said her friend would be able to work with me soon, I hope she's as diligent as Sophia or at least better than Eunji. You don't know how much trouble that girl has been causing for me and I've seriously have had it.

My thoughts were disturbed when I heard Sophia groaning. Oh, she's awake

"My honey is that you....?" she asked as she squinted her eyes

"Yes honey, it's me" I replied

"When did you arrive...?" she asked as she sat down slowly

"Just now" I replied

"Eh... How did you get in...?" she asked

"You didn't answer the phone so I had to ask some help from the receptionist earlier" I replied

"Mmmhhh... I'm sorry..." she apologized

"There's no need to be sorry honey. You were resting after all" I reassured her

"Have you eaten honey ?" I asked her and she shook her head

"Eh ? Why didn't you ?" I asked

"I was waiting for you" she replied as she rubbed her eyes

"You didn't have to honey. I'll get ready real quick okay ? We'll eat after that" I said to her

"Don't worry. Take your time" Sophia responded as she stretched her arms upwards

"But I'm sure you're hungry" I sighed

"Not really. I was at the café remember ?? I'm not really hungry so you don't really need to worry. Take your time on getting ready. You need to relax too don't you ?" said Sophia

"Well if you put it that way" I said to her

"Just think of it as a day off for you okay ?? I'll handle  everything for you" said Sophia

"Thank you Sophia, I appreciate it" I thanked her

"You're most welcome" she smiled