~CHAPTER 11: SISTERS~

BRANCHES hit my face as I ran through the forest

BRANCHES hit my face as I ran through the forest. My heart was beating furiously as I pushed myself to my limits.

I kept shouting something, but it was lost in the sound of the rustling leaves and my beating heart.

Finally I broke through the tree line and my yell was audible.

"JASPER!"

He stood at the edge of the cliff, the ocean was golden just like the sky and Jasper's eyes. His skin was shining just like the reflection of the sun on the waves.

"Darlin'..." he whispered with a warm smile.

My heart fluttered at the sound of his voice and my stomach tightened.

"Angel, I—" I stopped myself, as I noticed how close to the edge he was standing "Jasper step away from the edge"

In a blink of an eye, the sky went dark, the sea became uneasy and Jasper's face became tormented and sad.

"I can't live without you, Dorothea. I can't" he said, his golden eyes filled with tears.

Shaking my head I said "You left me, Jasper. You chose this"

He let out a broken chuckle "I did... I really did... and now you're gone..."

Taking a step towards him, I said "I'm not gone! I'm still here. Jasper we can... we can try again! I—-I still love you"

Jasper stared at me and after a moment he smiled softly, reaching his hand towards me. I returned his smile and reached out to grab his hand in mine.

Just as I was almost touching his fingers, he whispered.

"You are gone"

I could only watch as he fell backwards into the raging sea, still smiling sadly.

"JASPER!" I yelled and immediately jumped after him, as he hit the rocks, his body turned into thousands of diamonds.

Just as my body hit the very same rocks, everything went black.

I jumped in my bed with a sharp intake of breath. My hands were shaking and my body aching from the phantom pain of my fall. I buried my face in my hands, mumbling groggily.

"I really need a drink..."

After a few minutes of sitting in bed, I finally got up and pulled a sweater over my top. I grabbed my bag with herbs and went to the kitchen, where I noticed a note from Charlie that he left for work.

I dumped the bag on the counter before searching for a pot.

"Okay... time for witchy-bitchy stuff" I said to myself as I started getting the herbs ready.