~CHAPTER 6: PERFECT~

NORWAY

NORWAY. A country made out of mountains and thick forests it would seem, as it was the only thing that I saw while driving. It was mid October but I could already see some snow lying around, mixing with the orange and brown leaves. Damn it was cold here.

I turned my gaze away from the window to look at my Godmother, who was sitting behind the wheel of a car that was waiting for us at the airport. She looked calm and focused, the complete opposite of me right now as my thoughts were focused on Bella and Charlie.

Aldris had to notice my staring, as she said to me in a calming tone and smiling softly "Relax, dear one. We're almost there"

For a moment I didn't answer, only staring blankly until finally asking something that was bothering me deeply, ever since I got that letter.

"How do you know my father?"

"I met Charlie just yesterday, when I came to take you" she said calmly.

I shook my head and specified "My real father, Peter Summers. The one who supposedly chose you as my Godmother"

Aldris's grip on the wheel tightened, as she answered in a quiet tone "I raised him... he was like a son to me and--" she choked on her words.

Grief was noticeable in her demeanor. I knew, because I still couldn't speak about my parents much. The wound was still deep after so long.

She took a deep breath and said calmly "I'll tell you all about it, when we get to the castle. For now let's leave it at that, dear one"

"Alright... I understand"

My Godmother glanced at me and whispered with a small smile "I'm sure you do, little dove"

I smiled tightly at her and turned back to the window. Minutes passed by, when suddenly Aldris asked me.

"When I came to get you. I was expecting your vampire friends to be standing in my way, yet they didn't. I didn't even feel a lingering presence of a vampire nearby, why is that?"

"They left and--"

Pain tugged at my heart and my hands started shaking as purple veins covered them. I bit my lip and focused on not allowing my power to consume me.

Aldris was quiet for a moment as she continued on driving, until she slowed down a bit and put her gloved hand over my glowing one. I looked up at her, my eyes tingling meaning that they were already glowing, she was smiling at me softly as she said calmly.

"It's alright, little dove. You don't have to tell me anything, but know that I'm here for you"

I stared at her for a minute before nodding and looking away, her hand squeezed mine before letting go. As I stared out the window, images of the Cullens came back to me. Their smiles, kind words and laughs. Already familiar pain consumed me, as my hands shook.