~CHAPTER 14: CALM BEFORE THE STORM~

A WEEK passed by in a flash

A WEEK passed by in a flash. I was once again getting better and with some more training from Sir Erik my seidr got under my control once again. Genevieve and Carlos were also a lot of help to me with this issue, as they distracted me from the emotions that have been eating me up.

It was morning when I was leaving the training area feeling exhausted, as my body was covered by sweat and my veins still visibly shined purple.

"Good training today, Kaase" Taylor said, grinning at me.

I nodded with a cocky smirk "Yeah, especially when your ass was glued to the mat for most of it"

She huffed "Don't get cocky on me, Kaase. You're still a bit slow and depend way too much on your physical strength"

"Didn't hear you complaining, whenever you kissed my fist or foot" I said, while walking away.

"I'll get you back, Kaase!" she screamed at me.

"Sure, you will" I answered while still grinning.

Passing by the classrooms, I stopped seeing Genevieve sitting with the youngest group. She was making golden butterflies that filled the classroom making the children chase after them. I smiled and leaned against the door frame, watching the little rascals trying to make their own butterflies.

It wasn't long before Vivi noticed me and waved in excitement, altering the children of my presence. Their colourful eyes got wide as they all bowed, saying together.

"Good morning, Lady Summers!"

I grinned and fully walked into the classroom "Hello, you little monsters"

Immediately the kids started laughing and ran up to me. All of them were always divided into two groups.

Group one wanted to either fight me or for me to just pick them up.

Group two asked many questions about my seidr and even my life outside the Kaasedera, as many of them don't remember how theirs looked like.

I always tried my hardest to answer their questions and to at least pick up the kids who wanted it. As I knew that they got quickly bored here and a bit lonely, as there weren't many children here.

It was rare for our seidr to activate at a young age. But if it does, it's to protect the host so these children definitely didn't have colourful backgrounds.

My Godmother did her best to quickly locate such child and bring it to safety. She organised classes for them both to educate and help them get back to the human world sooner and healthier. Unfortunately they couldn't get adopted by human families, so most of them stayed in Kaasedera until adulthood. Sometimes even after that.

Sorcerers weren't known as the family type and Vampires who knew of our existence would rather keep distance, than to adopt one of us. But fortunately some Werewolves were more than happy to accept us and of course there were exceptions with Sorcerers who wanted a family of their own.