~CHAPTER 5: A REMINDER~

SILENCE filled the room, as my Godmother and I were staring at each other

SILENCE filled the room, as my Godmother and I were staring at each other. Her green eyes were calculating, as if trying to catch each detail of my face and her lips were formed into a warm smile. She looked happy? Pleased? I didn't know.

Just like I didn't know her.

"Well then, I would love to speak with you later Charlie. But right now, I want to get to know my Goddaughter" said Aldris to the Chief with a smile.

Charlie got up and nodded awkwardly, saying "Yeah, em of course. If that's okay with you Thea?"

I stared at the woman in my living room, my nails digging into my skin, as I smiled tightly and nodded "Sure. How about we take a walk?"

"It's a wonderful idea, dear one" Aldris answered while putting on her red gloves, that were the complete opposite of the dark green colour of her coat.

Smiling once again, I turned and left the house while sending an apologetic smile towards Bella. She returned it, although I could see worry in her eyes.

Once outside I started slowly walking towards the forest, faintly I could hear confident steps of Aldris behind me. Being in the forest calmed me down, I could feel my fists relax as the tingling feeling disappeared. Taking a deep breath I smiled, as the smell of pine, rain and wild flowers filled my nose. For a moment all was good. For a moment I could imagine that I was at peace.

For a moment I could dream of cold hands playing with my fingers, as I enjoyed my surroundings.

"It's connected to you"

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to look at my Godmother, questioning her "What?"

Her red lips curved into a smile, as she explained while looking around "This forest. It's connected to you, I can feel it"

"You can... feel it?" I asked, not quite believing the older woman.

Aldris let out a small laugh, that sounded like gentle bells "Indeed, dear one. You know, for someone who knows about vampires and is having a tough time with her own powers. You're a bit more sceptic than one could imagine"

My heart stopped as she mentioned the V word, I felt tingling in my hands coming back as I asked "How do you know?"

The older woman smiled kindly and said "Let's start with who I am. Or rather who we are" then she snapped her fingers and suddenly her green eyes became more intense, almost glowing and her ginger hair turned a darker green colour matching her green coat.

As I saw it all happen my heart stopped and my vision turned dark for a moment, but I forced myself not to pass out. Instead I asked "What the hell is going on?!"

My Godmother smiled and said proudly "I'm a sorceress, dearest Dorothea" then as if nothing ever happened, her hair turned back to its ginger colour and her green eyes stopped shining, becoming more normal "We are guardians of the peace and natural order. We keep humans away from our world and our people away from humans, although from what I can see it's not going so well lately"