~CHAPTER 15: THE CLIFFS~

FAMILIAR cloudy skies greeted me as I drove into Forks

FAMILIAR cloudy skies greeted me as I drove into Forks. I didn't really call Charlie to tell him that I was coming. I didn't want him to ask questions, so I just decided to get the job here done and get back to Kaasedera.

Although... I would stop and visit Bella. It didn't sit right with me, how we ended the last conversation.

Or rather, how I ended the conversation.

Sighing for what seemed like a thousandth time, I just looked at the sky thinking about how easier it was when they were here.

When he was here.

My mornings would start with Alice getting ready with me.

The car rides would involve a lot of stupid gossip and laughter.

Arriving at school got me a lot of hugs and smiles, as I greeted my friends, followed by a sweet kiss from Jasper.

Classes passed by faster than a vampire could run.

Evenings were filled with more laughter and warmth at their house.

And some nights involved a cold hand petting my head and chasing all the nightmare away, better than any spell or potion could.

It wasn't only easier, when he was here.

It was happier.

I was happier.

After paying the cab driver, as he left me near the forest, when he left I teleported to where Jacob told me the pack was going to meet. I soon appeared on a beach and fixed my leather jacket, waiting for the wolves.

It took about five minutes before the pack walked out of the woods, in their human forms. All of them quickly got on their knees, with their fists against their chests.

Sam started talking "Sorceress, we—"

"For the love of god, stand up all of you" I snapped, rubbing the bridge of my nose while the pack slowly stood up "And now, get to the point Uley, I'm really tired. Also call me Thea, please"

The Alpha looked less than happy, as he sighed and said "The police force is in the woods right now, along with the female vampire"

"Also we may have lost Bella..." Jacob added, looking worried.

My eyes flashed purple at that as I asked harshly "You did what?!"

Sam glared at Jacob, before trying to explain as the other wolves looked on the ground "We know that she went inside the forest, but because of the police we couldn't follow her so instead I decided that tracking the vampire was the priority"

I wanted to be angry with him and just explode at him, but I held back. While my eyes and now veins showed my raging essence inside, I said calmly but strongly "I want all of you to go and track down Victoria. I want to see her head delivered to me today. Try to avoid the police and protect them from that redheaded leech"