~CHAPTER 18: THIS IS A GOODBYE~

A WEEK

A WEEK. My healing process after the potion lasted a week. And it was the longest week of my entire life.

The moment we got back, I fell on my knees and vomited blood. I was taken to my room, where for a week my body fell apart and mended itself together while I screamed in pain until passing out from all the pain.

My Godmother and Kassandra spent that week with me, trying their best to ease my pain. While their magic didn't do much, their presence certainly helped.

Carlos and Genevieve also were with me, in the moments when I was more conscious and when I was hurting the most. Their presence also helped me a lot.

By the end of it all, I was left with scars from all my wounds just like Carlos mentioned.

There was a pale scar on my face, going from the left side of the forehead going down diagonally through my eye and nose. There were also scratch-like scars on my left breast and right side of my stomach from where Victoria attacked me.

What a bitch.

I looked away from my reflection. Not because of the scars, but because of the memories of that day, that started emerging in my mind. I didn't want to think about it. I just... couldn't.

Leaving my room, I smiled seeing Genevieve and Carlos hanging out in the living room like it was any other day.

"—I am telling you! They fucked in the training room! What else is there to add?!" Carlos said, crossing his arms.

"But how do you know?" Vivi asked with a raised brow.

Laughing, I sat down next to her, saying "Because Carlos is the main gossiper around here. He knows everything that happens"

"See? Even Dora knows this! I'm always right!"

"Bullshit, you didn't know anything about Keira and Lana! I was the one who told you that they're soulmates!" Genevieve said, pointing at Carlos.

He threw his arms up "It was one time!"

"And we're gonna remember it until the end of the world" I said with a grin.

As Carlos scoffed, Genevieve and I laughed while putting our heads against each other.

Taking a deep breath, I said "Okay, I gotta run to meet my Godmother. Are we still set for tonight? I can still go alone if—"

"We're going with you" they said together, giving me deadpanned looks.

I chuckled and raised my hands in defence "Okay, then. I'll be back soon"

With that I left the room and walked towards my Godmother's office. While walking through the hallways, I couldn't help but to feel anxious about tonight... although the knowledge that Carlos and Vivi will be there with me, calms me a bit.