~CHAPTER 12: TELLING THE TRUTH~

MORNING came all too soon, for me

MORNING came all too soon, for me. The sound of my alarm and the rain tapping against the glass woke me up, the sounds mixing together reminded me of a different time. A time when I left my window unlocked, as I waited for a girl who was like a sister to me. A time when I would grab my phone and smile, as a good morning text was waiting for me, every morning. A time when my heart felt full and my mind became clearer with each day.

Now these things leave a bitter taste in my mouth and fire up the rage that I carry inside me. The rage that poisons my mind everyday.

I grabbed my phone and shut off the alarm, immediately getting up so that I didn't check my notifications for any new text. Because there would be no text.

Putting on my leather jacket, over my oversized black hoodie I left my room heading to the kitchen. I heard Bella showering upstairs in the bathroom, as I passed the stairs.

I made some coffee while waiting, glaring at my miserable reflection in the kitchen window. My dark circles returned as I used magic to force myself to sleep last night, my hair was tangled and messy as I probably tossed and turned all night but that was fixed as I pulled a hood over my hair. But still, I hated how weak I looked.

"Thea?"

The glass cracked, as my eyes shined purple.

"Fuck..." I grumbled before waving my hand and fixing the broken window. Then I turned towards concerned looking Bella "Morning, I made you coffee"

Bella nodded and slowly walked closer and took her cup, while slightly eyeing the now fixed kitchen window.

"Are you—?"

I cut her off, saying "I'm driving you to school" I winced a bit realising how demanding and harsh it sounded. So after taking a calming breath, I added more softly "So get ready, okay?"

She nodded "Okay... I just need to drink this and I'm ready"

"Okay, take your time, Bells" I said with a small smile, before turning back to my own coffee.

After a few moments of silence between us, Bella asked gently "Thea... are you okay?"

I looked at her and without thinking, I responded "Was I ever okay?" once again I winced at my own words and corrected "Sorry... I'm feeling a bit under the weather but I'm fine"

Bella looked like she didn't believe me but still smiled at me and finished her coffee "Okay, I'm ready to go"

Nodding, I finished my coffee not even flinching, at the burning sensation in my mouth and throat that it left behind. Then I grabbed the keys and pulled on my boots, saying "Take the warmer jacket, it's cold outside"

"Okay" Bella responded and did as I said.

With that we left the house and got inside our truck. I started up the car and without a word drove towards the school.