Chapter 1-Hope

I stared at the destroyed courtyard. I had memories in this courtyard, but all I could think about was that it was over. Relief, pain, and sorrow crowded together in a dance of emotion through my system, sending my knees crumbling to the ground. I hardly felt the impact on the cracked ground, as I focused on the emptiness in my body.

It's over. It's over. It's over.

Everything seemed a million miles away, as I sorted my emotions out. The whirlwind just made me even more tired, in my already exhausted state. I chose one emotion and that was relief, but it quickly turned into panic. In one fluid motion, I stood and rushed inside the destroyed castle, searching for faces I knew by heart. I tore through the halls till I made it to the Great Hall and stoped at the entrance to the door.

Then I spotted him.

His bright orange/red hair was sticking out in several places. He had dirt, blood, and mud caked on his face, like war paint. His clothes were ripped in a few places, and I could see a few cuts and burns from here. I knew I wasn't much better, but I sighed as I saw him. We locked eyes across the room, before we were sprinting towards each other. He shoved people out of his way to get to me; and when he did, his wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me into his chest. My hands fisted in his shirt, as the panic lessened it's hold on my heart.

"Oh thank god, your alright." He whispered, pulling away to look at me. His hands coming up to cup my face.

I felt a few tears run down my cheeks, as I looked into his eyes. Eyes that I knew held pain, relief, and love.
I nodded. "I'm glad your ok."

He brought his lips down to meet my own, and I felt complete in his embrace. I felt safe for the first time since I was born, in his arms. I let the tears roll down my face and let myself fully feel everything that had happened. Fred's death, Remus, Tonks, Sirius, Dobby, everyone that gave their lives in the war.
George pulled back and held me tightly, as I buried my face into his chest and cried. I cried in relief and in mourning. For those who survived and those who didn't.

"Hope!" I pulled back just enough to wipe my eyes before I faced to person who called my name. I gave a sad smile to Mrs. Weasley, as she walked over with her husband and Ginny. "Oh thank heavens your alright." She said, and pulled me out of George's embrace to hug me.

"I'm ok." I whispered. "I'm glad we made it. I'm glad it's over."

I pulled away and stepped back into George's waiting arms, and watched them nod their heads in agreement. We talked for a little bit longer before I went to find Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

I found them standing on the broken bridge. As I got closer I could hear them talking about the elder wand and Snape.

"Hope Mikaelson is still human. I'm positively relieved." Ron said a bit more dramatic then needed to be.

I chuckled softly and nodded. "Yes, I'm still a hybrid of witch and werewolf. No vampirism yet."

After talking for a little bit longer, Harry went to look for Ginny, while I went back to George. I found him sitting on an empty cot and curled up against his side. Everything seemed like it was slowing down around me, and I drifted off listening to my boyfriends heartbeat.

Six years Later

My name is Hope Andrea Mikaelson-Weasley, and six years ago my friends and I fought in the Battle of Hogwarts. We lost a lot of people, friends and family, people that died for a cause that started long before my generation. But before I came to Hogwarts at the age of thirteen, I was living in America at the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted. My parents had died a year before that, and my family thought it was best to send me to Hogwarts.