Chapter 4- Hope

The first day wasn't so bad. Each paper I graded was well thought out and filled with different aspects of the story. George and I talk frequently, and he sends me letters. It's been an interesting two months, so far we've covered everything about Silas, Amara, and Ketzia, and briefly covered doppelgängers. Now it was time to talk about my family, The Mikaelsons.

"What do you know about the Mikaelsons?" I asked the class. I watched them shift uncomfortably and look away from me. "It's alright, how many of you know who they are?" A handful of kids raised their hands. "Who are they? Mr. Jackson, who are the Mikaelsons?"

"The Mikaelsons are murderers." He stated.

"Alright, a lot of people believe that. But do you know who they are really? Why did they kill? Who are they? What made them this way? These are the questions you should be asking. Alright let's start with the members, can anyone tell me who the eldest Mikaelson is?"

"Finn!" A voice called out.

I smiled and shook my head. "Close, but no. Anyone else want to try? The eldest goes by the name of Freya Mikaelson. Freya is the oldest of Ester and Mikals children, but she was given to her aunt when she was young because of a deal that was struck between Ester and her sister. Then comes Finn, Elijah, Klaus, Kol, and Rebekah; but they also had another brother, Henric, but he died before they were turned into Vampires. Not far from the village they lived in, there was a werewolf pact. Can anyone tell me the differences between the werewolves you know and the werewolves in America?

"No one? Alright, well they transition into a full werewolf but still have a sense of who they are. They still can only transition under the full moon, unless your a what? Mr. Ambros?"

"Hybrid."

"Very good. Five points to Slytherin. Very well done, let's continue."

Throughout the year, I was able to give my student a new impression on what is considered evil and good. I had them do an end of year essay and was shocked by the impact I had with each student. But my favorite part of the school year was going to mystic falls and actually showing them the magic and culture they were learning about at school. When we covered the Hallow, I had to stop several times to gain control of myself. My students eventually figured out I was the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson, and I was absolutely shocked that they weren't afraid. In fact, a lot of them stayed after class to ask what my family was really like. It was nice having people that didn't know me ask what my family was really like even though they had heard only negative. When the end of the year hit, George and the kids greeted me at the station. A lot of students said goodbye to me before we left the station.

Seven years later

"Mom, if you don't hurry up, I'm going to miss the train." Nikole shouted as we rushed around the house.

"We'll make it, calm down!" I shouted up the stairs. I was more irritated lately and was having trouble concentrating. George and I were ecstatic for Nikkis first year. Amelia was a Gryffindor just like her parents, she got good grades and had my class last year. Nikole was hoping to be placed in Gryffindor like us, but we are constantly telling her that being in any of the other houses was ok too. Teddy was in Hufflepuff, while her cousin, Victiore (Bill and Flurs kid), was in Ravenclaw.

I furiously checked to make sure I had everything to go. Forgetfulness was also new. I couldn't remember what I had for dinner the other night, and it was driving me up the wall.
"H, did you get any sleep last night?" George asked as he watched me from the doorway.

I shook my head. "I didn't feel well, and couldn't fall asleep." I whispered.

"Your probably just anxious for the school year. It's Nikkis first year, and Amy's second, your probably just nervous." He said, coming over and wrapping his arms around my waist.