Chapter Thirty-Five

I laughed a little as I watched the twins play around with Max and Tyler on the playground. You're probably wondering what came of Micho well after I didn't have the guts to send a message to him I went back to being a single parent. It was hard but I knew I could do it. I missed Micho more and more everyday but there was nothing I could do about it. It was all in Gods hands on whether or not he ever remembered his family.

I prayed everyday that he was magically show up on the doorsteps to our home telling me he remembers and how much he loves and misses us. But as the days continued to pass on by that never actually happened which just helped break me further and further. But I was fighting to keep my shit together for the twins and the twins alone. But losing more and more hope that their father would ever show back up.

The twins still ask me where's daddy and all I tell them is that daddy is still really sick and it hurts a lot but I'm not mad at Micho. I know that his brain is back to when he was eighteen, a player, and not a father or a boyfriend. I couldn't ever blame him for whatever choices he makes right now because he truly can't remember anything from the past two years, but that didn't make knowing what he was out doing hurt any less.

I knew that it had to be rough believing that you're a father of twins who you remember nothing about. What happened to michos dad? Moses. Well he's not in jail if that's what you're hoping for. So once again he had gotten away with attempted murder like it was just no big deal.

The police had needed Micho's side of the story which he didn't have to give them seeing as he couldn't remember shit, So they had no way of convicting him which hurt a lot more knowing he was out free and can do it all over again at any point in time if he was given the chance to do so.

Oh, its been four months since Micho woke up, four months that I've been a single mom. Five months that I haven't slept much. Five months that I've cried myself to sleep. I missed my boyfriend, I missed having him near me and just wanted things back the way they were before this had happened to him.

"So what are we doing for your birthday?" Zoey asked me to snap me out of my daze. I checked on the kids who were playing with Steph and Tina before turning to my best friend, kind of in shock that she really thought I wanted to celebrate something as stupid as my birthday with everything going on in my life right now.

"Nothing , I don't want anything big Zoey I'm turning nineteen there's nothing important about that" I said shrugging my shoulders at her. I was hoping she would see how much her question displeased me and that she was give up on it but as usual with Zoey there was no such luck.

"Come on please, I just want to see you smile Nav, I want my best friend back not this ghost in her place" she said. "I have been smiling more I don't know what you want from me Zoey" I said getting up and going over to the twins to play with them.

I turned around in a hurry when I heard Zoey scream. "SIMON!" I screamed running towards my big brother. I tacked him in a hug, he held me tightly to him.

When he pulled back he smiled at me , "What are you doing here?" I asked glancing back to check on the twins.

"Zoey called, said you missed me and it was time for me to come home for a while, plus I wanted to meet my nephew and neice" he said glancing behind me at my kids.

"We were actually getting ready to head back to my house, did you want to come along?" I asked him hopefully. "Of course Nav" he said smiling.

"So what you been up to sissy?" He asked as we sat on my couch with the twins on my lap. "Trying to live" I said with a shrug. "So I'm guessing that means the boyfriend still hasn't gone back to normal huh?"he asked making me shake my head no with a frown.

"Damn I'm sorry Nav, I wish things were better, I know you're hurting and things suck right now but I'm sure he'll remember soon" he said nudging my shoulder.

"I hope your right" I said laying my head on his shoulder. All I wanted was my boyfriend back and even if I couldn't have love back all I wanted was my kids to have their father back.