Chapter Twenty-Seven

After me and Micho had made up from our stupid little arugment we went back inside and finished wrapping the last couple of gifts that were left. I wanted the twins first birthday to be perfect and I knew that it would be.

My dad had finally started warming up to Micho which eased alot of stress off of everyone in the house. My mom and Michos mom were like teenage bestfriends when they were around each other. Michos dad was yet to be told that he was a grandpa and even though Micho had been gone for a year, his dad barely even noticed.

I laughed when my bestfriend came running through the front door with ten gifts in her arms. "Zoe you went overboard again" I said giggling getting a glare from my bestfriend. "Yo siempre voy por la borda" (I always go overboard.) She said laughing setting the gifts on the table.
Zoe always swore the fact that she spoke another couple languages that guys would think she was ten times sexier. I guess she was right over the years I had watched thousands of guys throw themselves at her. 

My dad and Micho were both finishing up hanging the last decorations up, I smiled when I saw that they were actually joking and laughing with each other.  I watched as my dad put his hand on Michos shoulder and guided him outback.

That kind of scared me I mean who wouldn't it have scared. My dad hated Micho at first and didn't seem like he was warmed up a whole ton but I guess enough.

MICHO'S P.O.V.-

I was putting up the last bit of the twins decorations with Naveens dad when suddenly he stopped joking around and gave me a serious look. He placed his hand on my shoulder and said come on I want to talk to you about something. So I silently followed him into the back yard.

"Micho I know that I have gave you a hard time this past year, but I want to tell you that I couldnt be more proud of the amazing man and father that you have matured into, I know that I have been hard to live in the same house with and I think that  you and my baby girl have shown that you are more than ready" He said with a proud smile on his face.

"Ready for what sir?" I asked confused. He smiled and handed me a single key. "What's this for?" I asked and he chukled shaking his head. "Micho I'm not to sure how much more time I have here and before I leave I want to make sure that I've fixed all the troubles that I've caused and so this is the key to yours and my daughters and my grand children's new house" he said.

I had never seen this man soften up for anyone in the year that I had lived here. Every once in a while you would see the sweet side of him for his wife or twins or Naveen but it wasnt often. It was one of those once in the blue moon things.

"HOUSE?" I asked in complete and utter shock."Yes son its completly payed off and has running water and electiric and anything else that you all will need. It is four bedroom and 2 bath, the address is on the tag hanging from the key" he said. I smiled at him and couldn't help but hug the man that had been more of a father to me in the last year than my father ever had been.

"Wait what do you mean you dont have much time left?" I asked surprised that he would tell me something that personal. "My body is shutting down on me Micho, I am so lucky that I was able to stick around this long and that I was able to be a grandpa, I dont want this to leave between us please can I trust you with that" He asked and all I could do was nod.

He was asking me to keep the fact that he was dying hidden way from his own daughter. My girlfriend. Was I supposed to do that That was serious as fuck. But at the same time he had just spent a decent amount of money on buying and paying off a house for me and my children and my future wife. He said he could trust it to stay between us and that meant I had to keep it a secret right? Jesus god I didn't know what the hell to do

He smiled wiping the tears off his own face and I did the same knowing that a couple tears had dropped. He chuckled patting my back and saying come on. I smiled and walked into the house with the key inside the palm of my hand knowing I wouldn't have to worry about my family ever not having a roof over their head.