Chapter 3: A strange group ✔

In the alley behind the building where Emily was being held, a small group was standing together, searching for something.

"Do you sense anything, Angelo?" Alistar asked the fallen angel next to him. Angelo shrugged his shoulders, his platinum blond hair blowing softly in the wind. His crystal blue eyes scanned the area around them.

"I am not sure where it is coming from, but I am sure it's the serial killer we have been tracking."

Next to them, a werewolf appeared from the shadows. "We have to hurry if it is the same killer. He will have another victim," the werewolf growled.

"Can you pick up in what building they are?" Angelo asked

"Not sure," the werewolf said, "he is being cautious concealing his sent from us, confirming our suspicion that he is not quite human or has a nonhuman helping him. Alistar, can you pick up anything?"

Alistar turned around, closing his eyes, listening for the flutter of a heartbeat. He slowly starts hearing different heartbeats, the heartbeat of rats running around, the heartbeat of a stray cat looking for food and the heartbeat of doves resting for the night. Frowning, he cut out their sounds, listening for a human heartbeat.

Opening his eyes, Alistar looked for a moment like the 600-year-old vampire he was. His normal chocolate brown eyes turned black with his fangs showing. Turning to the direction of an old brick building, "That building top floor, two heartbeats, but we have to hurry. One is about to give in."

Angelo frowned. "There is something else...."

"Another vampire, " Alistar said. "I have sensed him around for a while now" Alistar looked around. He was almost 100% sure he knew who the vampire was, staring at the shadows as if he was willing his old companion to materialize.

"Alistar, it is almost dawn. Don't you think you and Nicole need to go back" Gregory, the werewolf, interrupted, walking over to Alistar.

"Nah, it's time for fun," Alistar replied with a smile pretending to rub the werewolf's head. Knowing he was probably the only creature on earth that could get away with that. They have been hunting this specific murderer for some time, and he has always gotten away. Well, not tonight! Both Alistar and Gregory rushed to the building with Angelo not far behind them in a flash. After a moment, two more figures followed them slowly into the brick building.

"They always make me think of a bad joke when they go off like that. You know the one that says, a vampire, a werewolf and an angel walked into a bar," Michael, the only human in their little group, said, staring after the three.

Michael was a very, very old human but a human nether the less. A couple of years after Alistar and Gregory met Angelo, the three went back to Eastern Europe, where they met a young lord named Michael. Michael was from a wealthy aristocratic family and thought he could get away with everything because of his family. And he did until he impregnated a gypsy king's daughter and refused to take responsibility for her. Angering the gypsy king Michael was cursed by the gypsies to neither age nor die, leaving him looking 23 forever. And for a couple of years, Michael thought it was the best thing that could happen to him, spending his days drunk and enjoying life until everyone he knew died of old age. After that, Micheal could never stay too long in one place, for once the people realized he didn't age, Michael was considered an evil spirit or witch. Michael was neither good nor evil, but he was lonely after many years and was drawn to the three friends. They, in turn, found that having a human in their group made things a lot easier. Especially a human like Michael that could charm the pants of a nun.

"What does it make you? The butt of the joke?" Nicole barked over her shoulder. Her content for Michael was clearly showing and she found it more difficult to hide it as the years went past. She wanted to catch up to the three, especially Alistar, but he warned her to let them go first. If this scene was going to be like any of the other crime scenes, it was no place for a young vampire still learning to control her thirst.

Nicole was the newest member of the group. The four found her a couple of years ago, alone and scared, wandering the city streets. She had no memory of who she was or where she came from. Or even who made her. The group feeling sorry for her took Nicole in. And even after years of searching for information, they were no closer to finding any information about her past.

Not that Nicole looked alone and scared now, she wore only the best designer clothes, and she looked like a model that had just stepped out of a fashion magazine.

Smirking at Nicole, Michael didn't say another word walking up the steps, following the other group members.