Chapter 36: The future ✔

Emily moaned. It felt like a train had run her over. Not wanting to open her eyes, she tried to snuggle deeper into the soft bed, but it hurt to move. She opened her eyes as she heard Alistar calling to her, "Emily, my love" taking her hand, he placed a kiss on it, "How are you feeling, love?"

"As if I jumped from a moving train," Emily whispered, frowning. "What happened?" Sitting up, ignoring the pain from her bruised ribs, "Is everyone ok? Oh, my Alistar, are you ok?"

"Emily, relax, just breath, love," putting his hands on her frightened face, "I am ok, my love, as is everyone else."

"What happened? How did you get away?Luther?Nicole? The last thing I can clearly remember is you pulling Jack off me."

"You don't have to worry about them ever again, and they can not bother you anymore," Alistar said, placing a kiss on Emily's forehead. "Luther has always had one big personality flaw, he is great at planning, but then he would get overconfident. That was one of the two reasons his plan to break us up failed."

Alistar moved to sit behind Emily, helping her to lay down against him, softly moving his hand up and down her arm. The last two days had been hell for Alistar, watching Emily sleep and not waking up. Angelo had assured him time and time again that Emily was fine, and her body just needed time to heal. It was decided against taking Emily to the hospital as she had no internal injuries. Ben and Anna had been there twice to check on Emily and honestly, Ben was getting on his nerves, but luckily Gregory was always there to defuse the situation. They got a very edited version of what happened. Everything was blamed on Jack. The werewolves that were brought in to protect them were also found poisoned with wolfsbane and knocked out. 

A knock on the door brought both Emily and Alistar out of their thoughts. Without waiting for an answer, Angelo walked into the bedroom holding a tray. "Welcome back, Ems. Gregory said you were awake," he said with a smile, putting the tray in front of Emily "come, you need to eat to get your strength back." 

"Thank you," Emily smiled, taking a bowl of soup. "This smells delicious."

"If you eat everything, I will bring you some coffee," Angelo promised, making himself home in one of the chairs that faced the bed. While eating and chatting, Gregory and Michael also entered the room, and Michael made himself comfortable on the other chair while Gregory sat on the end of the bed. 

"Is everyone ok?" Emily asked, looking at the guys in front of her. She might not have known them for very long, but they were already family and she could not imagine her life without them.

"We should be asking you that? Going to take more than a couple of crazy vampires to kill us," Michael laughed. "How are you feeling, Ems?"

"I am a bit sore, but other than that. I am doing well" thinking for a moment, she continued, "So is everything over? Are we safe?"

Folding his arms around her from behind, Alistar kissed her cheek. "It's really over, and they are dead and can not hurt any of us anymore," he reassured her.

"Ok, well, I hate to break up this party, but Emily still needs to rest," Alistar chased everyone out of the room once she finished her meal. "Do you need anything, love?"

"I need to go to the bathroom and I really need a bath or shower."

Helping her up, Alistar escorted her to the bathroom, his arms protectively around her waist. Helping her sit on the bath rim while he filled the bath with water. Helping her undress, he placed her into the water, throwing in some salts Angelo had given him earlier to help Emily's body heal faster. 

Sitting on the steps next to the bath, Alistar took the soap between his hands, rubbing it till it made a rich foamy lather. Slowly taking Emily's arm, he began to wash her. Emily closed her eyes, leaning into Alistar's touch. Her breath became faster from desire. Slowly moving his hands from her arm, behind Emily's shoulders, to the other arm, making sure to lather Emily's arm, playing with the foam as his fingers moved up and down her smooth skin. Once done, he moved his hands over her chest, his hands ending by her neck, rubbing his thump against the mark he left on her neck.