Chapter 34: Reunited ✔

The moment the van door closed, Emily fell to the floor. She tried not to think about the fact that the metallic smell she was smelling was Ben and Anna's blood or the fact she was most probably sitting in it, judging by the sticky feeling on her legs. The back of the van was completely dark. 

"You are not afraid of the dark. You are afraid of not being alone in the dark" Emily remembered reading that somewhere, which has never been more accurate than at that precise moment. Emily wondered what Luther had planned to do with her. Alistar had explained to her once that a young vampire could not go against his or her maker and that was probably the only reason why Jack had not killed her yet. 

When the van came to a stop, Emily was unsure if they had been driving for 10 minutes or 10 hours. Emily wondered where Alistar and the rest of the group were and if they were ok. Luther said Alistar was not in a position to help her, but what of the rest of the group? Surely they would do something? She just had to survive until they could come. 

Emily jumped up when the back door opened, looking as Jack jumped effortlessly into the back, laughing at Emily. Not a happy laugh but a sick sadistic laugh. Once he got closer, Emily tried running past him to get to the open door. But she didn't get far as Jacked grabbed a handful of her hair, bringing Emily to a halt. An involuntary scream left her lips. "Be a good little girl Emily. I don't want to have to use the belt on you. You know you cost me a lot of money and old Sammy was not happy that you disappeared before he could get his way with you," Jack said into Emily's neck, only laughing more the more Emily struggled. She felt like she was going to be sick. 

"Jack! I told you she is not to be touched!" Luther said, storming into the back of the van pulling Emily out of his arms and grabbing him by his throat, lifting him off his feet. "I am really starting to regret making you." 

Stumbling next to Luther, Emily could see they were in some sort of warehouse. The windows were painted black, but fluorescent lights were fitted against the walls. Emily could sense Jack walking behind them towards the far end of the warehouse, some sort of tent was erected to the one side. Entering the tent, Emily could see Angelo, Michael, and Gregory tied up at the back of the tent. Above Gregory was an IV bag that was attached to his arm. Without ceremony, Emily was thrown toward the group. 

"Go and sit still till you are needed," Luther ordered before leaving the tent, pulling Jack out with him. "You stay here outside the tent and make sure that she doesn't escape. Jack, she is not to be touched for now. Do I make myself clear?"

When Emily was sure that Luther was gone, she scrambled over to the group. "Oh please, please be ok" moving first to Angelo, she almost cried out of happiness when she felt a pulse. Emily tried to shake Angelo getting no reply before she moved to Michael. "Hi, Ems," Michael said. His face was swollen, and Emily guessed that he had been hit more than a couple of times. "Thank God you are ok," Emily cried, throwing her arms around him and hugging him. "If I knew it would only cost being abducted and beaten up to get you in my arms, I would have done it weeks ago," Michael joked, causing Emily to laugh through her tears. "Oh, shut up."

Emily moved to go sit down between Michael and Gregory.

"Where is Alistar?" 

"I haven't seen him yet, but I have heard him. He is being held somewhere to the right of us." 

"What happened?"

"Nicole is working with Luther."

"Freaking Bitch" Emily said through clenched teeth. "What's wrong with Gregory? Why is there an IV bag attached to him?" 

"They are using wolfsbane to keep him sedated. They want him awake but weak and unable to do anything. The strongest bond in our group is between Alistar and Gregory. No offense to you of yours, but they have known each other for 100's of years, and I suspect they are trying to break that bond."

"And Angelo? And why are you awake?" Emily said, putting her head on Michael's shoulder, taking in all the new information.

"I am not sure about Angelo. He has not woken up yet. And Nicole wants me awake to see if she could find a way to kill me. She really doesn't like me" Michael gave a small laugh again. "If I can just get out of these handcuffs, I can maybe give her one or two more reasons to hate me.

"I think I can help with that" Emily smiled, lifting her head from his shoulder. Keeping her eye on the tent entrance, she took the swiss army knife out of her pocket. "I think they might have underestimated me. Ben's father was a police officer and he taught Ben how to get out of handcuffs and Ben taught me." 

Using one of the small tools, she started picking at the lock and before long, she got both of his hands free "See also not just a pretty face."

 "Have I ever told you I love you" Michael smiled, giving her a small kiss on her head. 

"Ok, what now?" 

"Now we get both Angelo and Gregory free. The moment they are awake, we can go get Alistar."

Both Angelo and Gregory were free in no time, and the drip was removed from Gregory's arm.

"How long do you think it will take for Gregory to wake up?"  Emily asked, sitting back between Michael and Gregory. Without Angelo and Gregory awake and ready, they could not do anything. 

"Not sure, Ems, wolfsbane is potent, but Gregory is not just a normal wolf. I just hope it's soon. Not sure where Nicole went or what Luther's plan is with you. Let me guess the new addition to their little group is your stepfather?"

"I prefer mother's second husband to stepfather. But yes, that's him" 

After that, both sat quietly, listening to the sounds around them, until they heard a car drive into the warehouse, stopping almost at the tent opening. "Jippie Nicole's back," Michael whispered as the blond walked into the tent. Jack still wanted to say something to her. Reaching for her, Jack put his hand on her shoulder. Nicole looked disgustingly at the hand before she pushed him back. "Go stand someplace else and get your disgusting hands off me." Turning to Emily with a fake smile, "Look who joined our little party," walking over to Michael, hitting him in the face. 

Still with his hands behind his back, pretending to be handcuffed, Michael just smiled. "Nicole, you hit like a girl." 

"You little pathetic human," but before Nicole could finish or hit him again, Luther called from outside the tent, "Nicole!" before turning around, she gave Michael a kick on his leg. "I will fucking deal with you later." 

"Did you get it?" Luther asked, walking to Nicole.

"Yes, it's ready," Nicole smiled, giving Luther a syringe. "They guarantee this will work."

"Wonderfull, Jack, please grab Emily. It's time she and Alistar get reunited."