Chapter 15: As first dates go ✔

Standing in front of the mirror, Emily looked at her reflection, nervously pulling at the belt of the dark blue jumpsuit that matches her eyes perfectly. She was glad Anna had insisted on taking her shopping, knowing Emily's closet consisted of basically diner uniforms and jeans and t-shirts. Emily usually stayed away from jumpsuits thinking her body was too short and curvy, but this one fitted her perfectly with long flowing sleeves, the only thing Emily was not sure of was the amount of cleavage she was showing, but Anna had talked her into it. Emily's red hair was straightened and pinned up and she finished the look with minimal makeup. Biting her lower lip, Emily wondered if she looked ok, unsure where Alistar wanted to go for dinner.

Looking at her bed, she wished she had taken Anna's advice and rested earlier. Emily didn't sleep well the previous night and she couldn't shake the nightmare she had, playing it over and over in her head like a movie.

Emily dreamed she was back again in her childhood home, trying to protect her mom from Jack's beatings. Not being able to stop him, she got out of the house and ran into the woods near her home. Emily dreamed Paul was also in the woods looking for her. She couldn't get away from them. It didn't matter how fast she was running. Emily could not remember how but in her dream, they caught up with her because the next thing she remembered was being tied to the table with Jack and Paul standing on each side of her. Emily could sense there was a third person in the room, she couldn't see him, but she kept hearing this manic laughter which scared her almost more than anything.

The next memory Emily remembered was a big crash from the door exploding and Alistar standing in the doorway next to a big wolve both were covert in blood. With a scream, Emily woke up just after that.

Who was that 3rd man laughing while she was tied up? Was there someone else? Michael maybe? Emily tried to figure out why Alistar would be in her nightmares and she wondered if she had seen him somewhere else before her kidnapping. With all the stress and whatever drug Paul injected into her, Emily wondered if her brain just inserted him, making him out as a hero, trying to make sense of how she got to the hospital. "Or maybe I am going crazy," Emily said out loud.

Looking at the time, Emily grabbed her handbag and keys, ensuring she locked the door before hailing a taxi to take her to the diner. Anna had forbidden her to ride her scooter tonight.

Happy she had a couple of minutes to spare, walking into the diner, she saw Ben and Anna sitting at the counter, both looking up as she entered.

Emily smiled.

"Baby girl. "Ben used his nickname for her. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks, Dad," turning to Anna, "are you sure this is ok?" but a voice answered from behind Emily before Anna could reply.

"You look beautiful."

Turning around too fast, Emily stumbled, almost falling into Alistar's arms.

"Sorry," Emily apologized, standing up straight, wishing the ground would open up and swallow her up. "Hello."

"Good evening, you truly do look beautiful," Alistar repeated. He is turning to the couple, offering his hand and introducing himself.

"Sorry, yes, where are my manners? Alistar, I am sure you remember Ben, my dad you met last night, and this is my mom, Anna."

"It is very nice to meet you." Turning to Emily, "Are you ready to go?" Alistar asked, never taking his eyes off her. He could hear the flutter of her heart, noting the warm color of her skin. Looking so much like his Isabelle.

"Yes," turning, kissing Ben and Anna on the cheek with a quick goodbye, Alistar smiled at them, putting his hand on Emily's back, guiding her to the door and his sports car waiting in the parking lot.