Chapter 19: The Sleepover ✔

In Nicole's room, Nicole was trying her best to get a hold of her emotions. Her vampire self was showing, wanting to rip Emily to pieces, but the small part of her brain that was still working knew she was no match for Alistar and even if she did kill Emily and got away from Alistar, Luther would hunt her down and kill her slowly. She had seen how Luther treated victims, enjoying the torture as much as the warm blood flowing from their bodies. 

No, Nicole would have to wait. Luther did promise her that she could be the one to end Emily when the time was right. Nicole smiled, thinking of ways of how she could make the little human scream. Grabbing her phone, Nicole sent a quick message.

"The little human is spending the night."

"Well, well, isn't that interesting? I need to know what is going on in that room. I hope for your sake you installed the camera I gave you."

                                                                             ______________

In Alistar's room, Emily, still holding the things Nicole gave her, turned around to look at Alistar's bedroom. The room was just as big as Nicole's, making Emily wonder if all the rooms looked the same. A king-size bed stood against the wall, and dark wood furniture dominated the room. Besides the bed, there were two very comfortable-looking chairs with a flat-screen tv mounted on the wall. Against the opposite wall was an enormous bookcase filled with books and other items. 

Emily walked over to the bookcase, looking at a sword on display. "It's beautiful," she said softly, looking at Alistar. 

"Thank you, its name is the "Werewolf Slayer" it is from the 1500 middle Europe."

"So you really are archaeologists? Or is that one more lie you choose to tell me?"Emily asked one of the questions burning in her mind, not even wanting to think about Alistar's deceased wife. 

"I did not lie to you, Emily. There is something I didn't tell you."

"There are still some things you are not telling me," Emily interrupted

Walking over to Emily, Alistar put his hands on her shoulders. Looking into Emily's eyes, Alistar continued, "I have never lied to you. There are things I didn't tell you yet. But you can ask me anything and I will be as honest as I can about it," kissing Emily on her forehead. 

Looking up at Alistar, Emily wanted to ask about Isabelle, but she couldn't find the words, "I think I just need to sleep. Do you mind if I use your shower?"

"Not at all. Do you need me to wash your back?" Alistar teased. 

Emily could feel herself blushing. Not saying a word, she walked to the ensuite, closing the door. 

After showering, Emily got dressed in the clothes Nicole had provided for her, pulling self-conscious at the t-shirt that hugged her breast and looking at the shorts that were too short and too tight. Still wondering what to do, Emily heard a knock on the bathroom door.

"Emily, are you ok?" Alistar asked, concerned. 

Walking to the door, Emily opened the door slightly, peeking out, "Do you maybe have a T-shirt I could borrow to sleep in?" 

"Yes, sure, didn't Nicole give you something to sleep in?" 

"She did, but I think it is a bit too small," Emily said, embarrassed, not wanting to sound ungrateful.

"Let me see," Alistar said, pushing the door open. Emily stood back, feeling self-conscious, biting her lip. Her cheeks burning at the look Alistar gave her, his eyes roaming over her body, taking in every curve. 

Emily noticed while she had showered, Alistar had changed into basketball shorts. His chest was bare and Emily had to clench her hands behind her back to keep them from reaching for him. Emily wished she could touch his muscular chest and arms and run her fingers over every muscle. Emily stared at his lips, remembering how they felt against hers. Biting her lip, she looked up into Alistar's eyes burning with passion and something else that she could not place. 

Alistar said something under his breath before stepping into the bathroom pulling Emily in his arms. His one hand reached for her neck, pulling her head back before crushing his lips to hers. His other hand was on the small part of her back, pressing her to him. After a moment, Emily's arms found their way around his neck. She stood on the tips of her toes, pressing her body even more into Alistar's body. 

Alistar picked up Emily and walked into his bedroom without breaking the kiss, depositing Emily on the bed. Smiling, Alistar got on the bed with Emily, holding his weight on his arms, his legs pressed against hers, pressing small kisses on her neck, his hands moving up her sides underneath the borrowed T-shirt pulling it over her head, giving him access to her perfect breasts. 

Emily was on fire. Her hands were exploring Alistar's arms and chests. She was unsure when she lost her T-shirt, moaning as he sucked and teased her. As Alistar's hands moved to her shorts, Emily froze; sensing her change, Alistar stopped and looked into Emily's eyes, asking a wordless question. 

Emily moved away from Alistar, crossing her arms before her chest. "I am sorry, I can't" Emily tried to get off the bed, but Alistar's hand pulled her back onto the bed, pulling her back into his arms, pressing her back to his chest. Alistar was breathing deeply, trying to get himself under control, "It is ok, baby," kissing her shoulder, "I have told you before that nothing will happen to you against your will."

Pulling a blanket over Emily and tucking her in, Emily fell asleep half-naked in Alistar's arms. And for the first time in more than a week, Emily slept without nightmares. 

Still holding Emily in his arms while listening to her heartbeat and breathing, Alistar fought for control over his lust and vampire instincts. Since the moment he saw her the first time, her blood had been calling out to him, only faintly at first, but last night in her apartment, the smell had become almost overpowering. He wondered what happened to Emily when she was younger. He was sure that Emily wanted him just as much as he wanted her. Alistar could hear it in her heartbeat, he could smell her arousal before she froze. Alistar could feel himself getting angry, his vampire side pushing through at the thought of someone hurting her. Opening and closing his fists, he willed himself to relax. He would find out what happened to her and he would make that person pay. 

 Alistar realized he needed to feed. Taking his phone from the bedside table, he quickly sends a message to Michael asking him if he could arrange some blood for later from the blood bank they always use. Michael made a point of getting at least one contact at a blood bank in every city they live in. 

Alistar smiled, putting down his phone, looking over at Emily. Sleeping, she moved even closer to him. He enjoyed the feeling of this tiny human that was snuggling next to him. Over the centuries, he had a couple of other immortal lovers but never a human and he must admit he quite liked having her warm, soft body pressed against him.  

"I will not let anything happen to you," Alistar promised her softly.

(I was listening to this song from Shinedown while I was writing this and thought it would be fitting to add, I hope you enjoy)