18.

What was she supposed to do? Zoey paced the room. How could Sam be so stupid to go see their mother. It was also time to travel. Zoey definitely didn't want Josh and Ginnifer to ruin their evening. Zoey took the cell phone out of her pocket and typed in her sister's number.

Sam didn't answer. Zoey sat down on the couch. What was she supposed to do? Should she call Ginnifer and Josh? She ruined their evening. Zoey was sitting on the couch and she was getting more and more nervous. Soon her mother did something to Sam. Or what if Sam never wanted to leave their mother again? Zoey started to cry. She didn't know what to do.

"Zoey, I can't sleep." Oliver stood in the doorway of the living room. Zoey turned in shock and quickly wiped her tears. "What's up Zoey?" Oliver walked over to Zoey and sat down next to her on the couch. 'Nothing.' Zoey wiped the last tear. 'Are you sad?' asked Oliver. 'A little.' Zoey nodded. "You know what my mama always says?"

'New?' Zoey looked questioningly at the boy. 'That I always have to talk about the problem. If I don't tell anyone, nobody can help me.' said Oliver. Zoey smiled weakly. "You're a little too young for this, Ollie." She looked at the boy. "But not my mom and dad. And my mom and dad are now also your mom and dad so you can always call them.' said Oliver.

"Oh, but uh, Josh and Ginny aren't my parents. That's a bit complicated.' replied Zoey. "But you're my sister, aren't you?" said Oliver. Zoey nodded. "Then my mom and dad are your mom and dad too." Found Oliver. Zoey smiled. "It doesn't quite work that way, Ollie. Come on, I'm going to put you to bed. Tomorrow will be another long day.' said Zoey.

Zoey and Oliver walked upstairs and Zoey tucked Oliver into bed. 'Sleep well Ol!' Zoey closed the door to Oliver's room and went back downstairs. Digby sat dutifully waiting for the girl in the living room. Zoey knelt down next to the dog and she patted his head. "I'm afraid I'll have to disrupt Ginny and Josh's evening after all." Zoey pulled her phone out of the pocket and was shocked to see that Sam had texted her. Zoey quickly opened whatsapp and she read the text Sam had sent her.

Hey Zo!

I'm sorry it has to be this way, but I couldn't help it. I'm leaving for mom. I really tried here and Josh and Ginnifer are super nice too but it doesn't work for me. Mom wants us back. She promised me that. If you change your mind, please come to us.

Love, Sam.

Zoey read the message again and she began to cry. Crying, she sought comfort from Digby. Why did Sam want to go back so badly? Why did Sam feel that their mother was so perfect? Zoey cried and slowly cried herself to sleep. She was so unbelievably tired.

*

'Zoey? Wake up Zoey.' Slowly Zoey opened her eyes. "Sam?" Zoey looked up in surprise. "No, it's me." Concerned, Ginnifer looked at the girl. Zoey started to cry. "Zoey, where's Sam?" asked Ginnifer. Zoey started to cry even harder.

"Zoey, calm down." Ginnifer rubbed Zoey's back in comfort. "Sam's not in her room and the boys are sleeping." Josh walked into the living room and sat down with Ginnifer and Zoey. "Zoey, can you tell us where Sam is?" asked Ginnifer. Zoey nodded. She reached for her cell phone and let Josh and Ginnifer read the conversation. Quickly, Ginnifer and Josh read the message and the couple looked at each other in shock. 'Damn.' Scold Josh. "Josh, calm down. We'll find her.' said Ginnifer. "Come on, I'll make you something to drink first." Ginnifer helped Zoey up and the girl sat down on the couch.

Ginnifer went to the kitchen to get a drink and Josh sat down on the couch next to Zoey. Softly Zoey sobbed. "It'll be okay Zoey." Josh put his arm around the girl in comfort. 'No, it won't. Sam's gone.' cried Zoey. 'We'll find her. Do you know where your mother and Sam met?' asked Josh. Zoey shook her head. "Maybe at her house."

"Then we'll go there in a minute." Josh said firmly. 'What? I'm not going with you.' Zoey immediately panicked. "Hey Zoey, calm down." Ginnifer came over with a glass of water and she handed it to the girl. Zoey took the glass and took a sip. She then gave the glass back to Ginnifer, who then set the glass on the table. "Okay, Zoey tell me. Where can we find Sam?