Chapter 27

"You make me feel special"

~Y/n's POV~
It's been about 2 days since Mina got knocked out. I really hope she's ok but it sucks that she's not awake to have fun with us.

Jiji and I got back from picking vegetables when baba came out of the house.

"Honey! Why don't we eat at the market today?" Grandma clung onto Jiji's arm. He looked at her confused but went along.

"Ok we can leave in a few minutes." Jiji and I headed in the house to get changed. I went into the room to see that Mina was gone. When did she wake up and why didn't baba say anything.

I got changed into some nicer clothing and in the middle of me doing my hair, I heard the car start and drive away.

"HEY! You forgot me!" I yelled as I ran out to the door to see my grandparents driving away. WTF. How could they forget their grandchild?

I walked towards the side of the house with had a hill. At the end I saw someone with shoulder length hair gathering a picnic together.

"Asha?" I walked closer only to realize that it was Mina instead. Whoops. Luckily I said that under my breath.

"Oh! Y/n there you are!" Mina quickly got up and fixed her appearance as soon as she saw me.

"You cut your hair! It looks great!" I complimented her and she blushed.

"Oh thank you! I'm glad you like it."

"What are you doing here? Jiji and baba said that we were eating at the market." I asked and she pointed to the picnic.

"W-well your grandma said that I-I should make a picnic...for the two of us! In a friend way!" Mina had a redness to her face and kept fixing her hair. Aha.

"Oh ok! Let's have fun!" I smiled and sat on the plaid blanket. Mina next to me and revealed the food. There were finger sandwiches, fruits and veggies, cookies and a small vanilla cake.

"Did you make all of this yourself?" It surely was a lot of work and I didn't know that Mina could make food.

"Well not exactly... I washed the fruits BUT I made the cookies." Mina smiled genuinely for the first time in a while. How cute.

"Here eat some." I hand fed her one of the sandwiches. As she chewed I could see her blushing horribly bad. Atleast try to hid it a bit harder... although it is pretty fun to play clueless with Mina's blushing.

We sat and talked for a while before we decided to eat some of the cake.

"Ah actually y/n I have something to tell you." Mina tucked her hair behind her ear and was gripping onto her skirt. Aha I know this situation. Should I play dumb or not?

She stared down for a few seconds and I noticed that she had frosting on her lips. Hehehehe

"Tanaka y/n I like you a lot-," Mina was about to say but I interrupted her by kissing her on the lips. I pulled back and I could see that she looked like a tomato. Even her ears were insanely red.

"Wha wha how? I- what!" Mina started speaking complete nonsense while staring at me.

"You had frosting on your mouth." I nonchalantly said and I could see her building up.

"You idiot! Who kisses someone to remove frosting! Wouldn't you get a napkin!" Mina yelled at me while hitting me on the arm.

"Are you upset that I kissed you?" I grabbed her arm while making a slight pout. Although pouting makes my whole body cringe. It was necessary in this moment.

"WHAT! I- I didn't." Mina stammered and I kissed her again.

"You look like a tomato!" I got up and ran and Mina chased after me.

"You! YOU CANT DO THAT!" Mina yelled as she chased after me. I knew that Mina has been going through a lot and I'm sure me contributing to act oblivious about her liking me adds onto that stress.

"Yah! I got you!" I stopped running so Mina could catch me. She wrapped her arms around me and was  catching her breath.

"You finally caught me." I smiled as she was taking deep breaths.

"Ugh how embarrassing! I hate you so much!" She poked at my arm. I rubbed the top of her head as she continued to poke my arm out of "anger".

~Miga's POV~
These past few days that Mina has been missing has been complete hellfire. The news only talks about finding her while the castle is no better. Dad has locked all the food for the workers away, Mira has been gone mostly and Mila acts like nothing is going on.

Luckily I have found a pattern. Dad goes to sleep around 3 in the morning. I sneak into his room and take the key to the attic where the food is at. I wake up the workers and give them food that way. Today I would be doing the same.

I had gathered all the workers and were giving them their portions when I heard the door open.

"Shit!" My eyes widened as there was no way to hide what was going on. Hopefully it's Mila that has found me...

"MYOUI MIGA!" I heard my dad's voice yell as he stepped into the attack along with Mira. Crap crap crap crap.

"D-dad!" I could feel my body shake as I watched him approach me. All of the workers gathered together and I stood in front of them.

"Miga go to your room right now." He said in a voice that made the room fill up with tension.

"D-dad you can't keep doing this." I said with a sturdy voice. I was shaking horribly on the inside but I didn't want to worry all of the workers.

"You continue to disappoint me!" He raised his hand looking as if he was going to slap me. Instead he hit Mina's butler, Charles.

"Charles!" I yelled as I ran to his side. He was already old enough so any hit to him would do damage.

"Get Miga!" My dad told Mira who grabbed me away from Charles.

"Let go of me you traitor!" I bit her arm and ran down the attic steps. Halfway through, I tripped and fell.

"Shit." I mumbled as my left leg felt tingly. I better call the police. I don't know what they can do but it's better than doing nothing.

I limped towards the stairs while dialing 911. Hopefully nothing will happen to Charles and the others.

"Playing hero will get you nowhere Miga." Mira stood behind me and grabbed my phone.

"What is wrong with you?" I reached towards me phone but Mira pushed me forward. I turned to see my back falling towards the steps. At last I looked to see Mira standing at the top of the steps with a smug face.

~~sorry for the lack of updates 😩💕