Chapter 30

"Thousand nightmares repeated"

~Day 1~

It's cold down here. I really miss y/n. I'm scared. Charles snuck down and handed my a notebook and a pen. I saw a bruised on his hand and asked why, but he said he's not allowed to say anything.

I kept falling asleep, thinking that this was all a dream. It seems like I get food at a scheduled time everyday. However the food kinda sucks. It's like bird scraps.  They can't keep down here forever right? 

~Day 2~
I don't like it down here. My mattress is ugly and the wall is cobblestone. A large bell is one the wall, I ring it whenever I need something. I can only ring the bell when I have to pee or shower, but I have to be escorted by a guard. There's a window but it's very high up. I'm extremely bored. All I have is my phone, pencils, paper and books. I asked Charles for a candle, but he said Uncle wouldn't give it to me because I might harm myself. 

I have my phone but it's only on 68%. Who knows when I'll be able to charge it again, so I use it sparingly.

~Day 3~
It's boring in here. Uncle said I leave tomorrow to meet up with the Prime Minister. I don't feel like it at alllll.

~Day 4~
It was so boring today. The prime minister kept saying boring nonsense. Every time I tried to speak, uncle would answer for me. *rolling eyes*

Then PM had the audacity to ask me about the whole "kidnapping" thing. UGH!

I told him I wasn't kidnapped, but Uncle interjected before I could answer.

~Day 5~
I miss Y/n. I wonder where she is.

~Day 6~
I wonder if y/n misses me too? I want to see her soon.

~Day 7~
I bet y/n could break open the window and save me. I could be like rapunzel and she could rescue me. Uncle is the evil Mother Gothel.

It is especially dark today. I'm almost out of papers to write on. Don't call me crazy, but I feel like someone is knocking on the window at night.

~Day 8~
I haven't slept in 2 days! The knocking on the window is starting to bother me! It must be y/n trying to rescue me!! I called out her name multiple times, but she didn't respond. I guess she's scared of letting the others hear her.

~Day 12~
My apologies for disappearing. I've laid on the floor for 4 days straight and cried. Not moving a single inch. I haven't had the strength to do anything. Crying takes a ton of energy. The food hasn't been touched so Charles went in and took it back.

The knocking on the window is getting quite annoying. Y/n why do you keep doing this if you're not saving me? Surely you should've found a way to break the window by now?

~Day 14~
I'm so angry! I almost can't write straight! Someone is framing y/n for kidnapping me! I checked my phone for the first time in a few days and some whistleblower is saying that y/n kidnapped me! BLASPHEMY!

Sorry my pencil broke so it took me a while to find a new one. I'm made sure not to mention y/n at all and to be ambiguous about the whole situation! It must've been uncle who did this!

~Day 15~
Uncle scheduled a meeting for me. It'll be live across the entire nation. I refused so he nearly broke the door. Afterwards he apologized.

~~~~~3rd POV~~~~~

Y/n yawned and sat down a bar stool. Her hood covered her face and hopefully no one had recognized her yet. Since I've been out in the sun, I had gotten a deep tan and I had died my hair a cinnamon brown shade.

She was tired from running. Her plan was avoid being around her family since there's a good chance of the press would contact them first. As of now she's about 100 miles from her grandparent's house.

Horribly enough, y/n didn't have a solid plan. She planned on somehow contacting Mina again. The steps... she would figure those out later.

"Yo check it out! The Princess is on the news!" Y/n excitedly raised up her head to look at the giant tv above the bar.

Mina was sitting at a bench with one of the most popular tv hosts.

"No-no. Nothing important happened when I was gone. All that matters is that I'm here." Mina had her eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"Well that's not what our whistleblower says." The host raised her eyebrows and smirked.

"Excuse me?" Mina tilted her head.

Oh shiiiiiiit.

The host turned her chair and pointed to a screen which turned on. It has someone dressed in all black and covered from head to toe.

"Ehm. I know the truth about Princess Mina's kidnapping and I know who did it." The person said with a voice disfigurement.

"Aha. This isn't funny. Turn it off." Mina clenched her hands and pressed her lips together.

"TIME FOR THE REVEAL!" the host suddenly yelled.

"Princess Mina's kidnapper is..." the voice started.

"TURN IT OFF!" Mina got up from her chair

"THE KIDNAPPER IS!" The person raised their voice.

"WHERE'S THE OFF BUTTON! SHUT IT DOWN!" Mina yelled.

...
...
...

"THE KIDNAPPER IS 24 YEAR OLD FORMER BODY GUARD, TANAKA Y/N FROM YAMANASHI PREFECTURE!"

A picture of my face followed right after the whistleblower exposed who I was.

"She kinda looks like her doesn't she?" A customer pointed to me. I felt my body freeze with sweat starting to drip down my face. Maybe they'll ignore me... right?

"HEY!" I felt someone grip my shoulder and harshly spin my chair. I looked up to see 6 people staring at me with devilish eyes.