Chapter 19

"Twilight zone"
~Mina POV~
I woke up to a white room. I was lying in a small bed and everything was neat. I stared out the window and it was a bright beautiful day. I walked down the steps and there was my family. Mr. Watanabe was cooking breakfast, mom was polishing her crown, dad was reading the newspaper and oniisan was playing with a doll.

Something feels off.

"Ah there's my Minari you're awake!" My mom walked over to me and squeezed my cheeks. I smiled and she gave me a kiss on the cheek. My dad greeting me and oniisan gave a half assed wave. I walked over to Mr. Watanabe who was stirring inside a pot.

"Do you wanna stir for me Miss Mina?" He gave his light hearted smile and I nodded. I walked over to the pot and started to stir.

"Waaaah this smells amazing." I said out loud and decided to peek at what was in the pot.

"Aaargh!" I screamed and dropped the spoon. I peaked back inside to see that the stew was blood and have an eyeball and a thumb inside.

"Why what's wrong Mina?" My brother asked and I pointed to the stew. He looked inside of it and shrugged. Something feels off. My brother wouldn't talk to me that politely?

"Something is off." I said out loud and the room suddenly went dead silent.

"What's going on?" My mom walked over and so did my dad.

"Mina says there's something wrong with the stew." My brother explained and my parents looked at me like I was insane. I began to feel dizzy and I placed my hand on my head. Something doesn't feel right? Why is my brother being nice and playing with a doll? Why was my dad reading the newspaper he hates any kind of media. Why was my mom polishing her crown? She never does that?

"Mina what's wrong?" My mom asked and I looked up. Instead of my normal family, they had gray lifeless bodies. There were holes were they were shot and were bleeding.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled and ran out the house. I bumped into y/n who had no face.

"Aughhhhhhhhh!" I yelled and pushed past y/n. I continued to run as fast as I could. I turned to see a group of people chasing after me and looking as if they wanted to kill me. I ran and hid inside of a building.

"What's going on?" I cried to myself and started to feel tears fall out my eyes. I felt someone tap on my shoulder and I turned to see that devil of a man Daisuke. I backed up and he walked closer to me.

"We're finally alone! I've been waiting for this day!" He gave me a scary look and started to undo his belt.

"GO AWAY!" I yelled and kicked him in his manhood. He clenched in pain while I ran up the steps. I ran into a room and locked the door and placed furniture against it. I ran to the window and stared outside.

What is going on? Why is everything like this? Am I dreaming? Am I dead? Am I gonna live? I closed my eyes and cried to myself for minutes until a loud noise woke me up.

"It's about time you woke up." I turned to see me? She looked exactly like me but she had an evil aura to her.

"Who are you? Why do you look like me?" I asked and she gave a chuckle.

"Why I'm you. Your conscious. Your inner thoughts." She smiled and walked closer to me. I stepped back and she got closer.

"What are you saying?" I asked her and she ran towards me and began to choke me.

"Face it you should've died with your family." She said to me in a low distorted voice.

"Help me! Stop it." I manage to say. It hurts so bad! I tried to pry her off of me but she wasn't budging. She began to laugh and pushed me out the window.

I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact of when I hit the ground. Atleast I'll be with my family. I smacked the concrete ground and felt my body jolt.

I huffed as I laid up straight in a bed. I looked around it seemed to be a hospital. Y/n was asleep in a chair next to me and Miga was next to y/n. My hair was still the same and I laid in my blood stained ball gown.

"She's awake!" I heard a nurse say and she ran to grab more people. What's going on? Why are colors muted? Is my vision messed up? I turned to see y/n started to wake up.

"Yaaaah Minari!" She yelled and hugged me tightly. She let go and stared at me with joy in her eyes.

"Y/n... please tell me that it didn't happen..." I mumbled and she looked at me with guilt in her eyes. I looked as the color started to drain. The once bright life of mine was now stained in black and white. I rubbed my eyes but everything was still in black and white.

What is the meaning of this? Is this god's way of punishing me since I didn't go out with my family?