Seven

Shai's POV

I quietly sat with my eyes down the ground as Helena gotten closer to me, "What happened inside?"

I cleared my throat, trying to say something, until I heard a noise coming from somewhere, but its near.

"I can't cancel the project, father!"
I heard Theo's voice.

The argument they had went on and on until they both entered the room and saw my adoptive parents and I sitting down.

David James smiled brightly to me and I gave him back a faint smile. And then there's Theo, standing next to him, looking so annoyed with me interrupting his workplan thirty minutes ago. He gave me that annoyed look- oh well he didn't even looked at me in the eyes. Soon as my eyes met his he just rolled his eyes away.

"What happened Dave?" Franklin asks.

David James smiled again, "Your daughter."

Helena turned to me, "Oh dear what did you do-"

"Next time tell her to shut up when someone is presenting something." Theo cut off.

"Theodore" his dad says sternly as Helena gasps when she heard that.

Helena turns to me again, "Shai?"

"Dad, what! I've been preparing this for months, gathering those busy and important people itself takes time. You're letting a person with zero knowledge about this interrupt me with her nonsense talk!"

My brows furrowed," Excuse me?" I stood up.

"You-" I pointed out.

"I may have not the smartest brain but what I was trying to say had a point." I spat.

"What do you think will the world be if you continued your project?!"

Theo rolls his eyes again.

David James smiled again,
"I see that Shailene.... But then, do you have a better resolution to outcome this problem?"

My eyes left from Theo's to his father's

"i-I" I try to think. Tried.

David claps his hands, "And that is why I wanted you to work together on this."

"WHAT"

"That's a very great idea!" Franklin adds.

"Dad- pick me to work with other business people. Not her, I-"

"I don't want to work with a rock headed person either" I smirked and he stared.

David James shook his head,

"Like it or not, you will be working on this project."