Eleven

Shai's POV

"So that's how you got away from purposedly sticking a gum into Erin's hair?" I gaped, still not believing what Ansel had just said.

"Look, I was in 6th grade! And she was head over heels of me. What I did was wrong, but the funniest part was when I told her she looked even more beautiful even after she had to cut her hair very short and it turned out uneven.."

"Ansel! You bastard" I slapped his arm. Gee, I felt like I've been friends with this guys forever, though we've only met for two hours.

"Where do you live? I'll drive you home" he offered nicely.

"Uh no need- I think Curtis is picking me up."

He smirked. "How is it then, life of the rich?"

I furrowed my brows, "ha its not like that. It's kinda annoying bc my adoptive mother is a pretty strict person when it comes about what I do or where I go. Which is I guess also not a bad thing. I haven't had this much attention from a mother for awhile. Anyway I wish I could be like the others to take a bus. Would be so much more fun rather than looking at the car window for thirty minutes. Ride is always boring."

Ansel chuckled, "nicely said, princess. Anyway, have you got a number or something? Where can I contact you?"

"Oh, sure" I handed him my number. Ansel smiled idiotly as he looked down at my number.

"See you tomorrow" he pulled me into a hug and dissapeared.

I saw Curtis already waiting for me so I got into the car.

"Miss, we're going to Madam's office right now." He said as he turned the wheel.

"Why?"

"Only doing what I am told to do, miss."

I grunted. Great. Least thing I wanted to see all day is Theo's face. This must be another set up from my adoptive parents.

The tall blue building was seen from distance. I leapt out of the car soon after, but when I tried to look for my adoptive parents inside, they weren't there.

"Just in time, actually six minutes and twenty five seconds late." A sudden deep voice startled me. I turned around to see suited Theodore James glancing at his watch.

"What are you, time keeper?" I whined, and he suddenly grabbed me by my arm and walked straight to the elevator.

"What the hell- let go!!" I tried to get away, but he was way too strong.

We got into the elevator but his sharp eyes are still set to the front, not glancing at me even once.

"Are you going to explain what's happening or what?"

"Yes" he said, his eyes still not meeting mine. Ding. The elevator opens.

"We have a meeting with the board of directors."

I gaped. "We?? When?"

We walked out of the elevator.

"In five seconds."

Theo pushed open the door as suited men sat on the office chairs.

"Good evening." He spoke aloud.

"Sorry for the incovinience. Shall we proceed?"