Four

"Welcome to your new home"

The big door infront of me opens and I could see a fancy big house in front of me.

"Wow, miss He-"

"Just Helena please," She smiles. "Or mom, if you will." She adds.

"Mom" I spoke to myself. The sound of mom is very unfamilliar to my mouth. When I said it, I felt something completely different and peculiar.

"I would love to give you a tour but unfortunately I must go to my husband's office for our annual meeting. Nancy!" She calls.

An old lady dressed in a maid uniform appears.

"Show her around, tell her where her room is."

She nods at her words. "Yes madam"

"Shailene dear, I'll be back home late. Please just sleep if I hadn't come back home. Would you like to have your dinner to be served by Nancy in your room or-"

"-Ah I can walk to the dining room" I interrupt.

"Okay" She says, rubbing my shoulders.

"Please make yourself home" She smiles widely, before leaving me again.

God, what a life.

-

THEO

I clean the dusts off my navy suit as it is one minute countdown to our annual meeting, that was held every Friday night.

"Theodore" Dad calls.

"Yes father" I raised my brow and turn to him.

"Get yourself ready. The Woodleys will be here in any minute." I nodded at his words and two seconds later, Mr.Woodley came in to the room alongside his wife.

My father stood to greet him, "Franklin," They both hugged for a quick second and exchanged cheek kisses to his wife.

"David" He replies. I stood up to shake hands with them and we all went back to our seat after.

"Sorry for our lateness, we had a situation going on." Mr.Woodley tighten his tie before pulling out his folders.

"Ah, its okay Frankie. It's just me after all eh?" My father laughs. "Would you like a tea or some coffee?"

"My friend Dave, still the same nice an chillful man. But a business is a business my friend, lateness should have not been tolerated. And just water, please. I actually have stopped by in Starbucks to buy a latte."

My dad signaled his bodyguard to get them water.

"What about you Helena dear? What would you like to drink?"

"Ah, i'm fine David. My daughter and I have actually drank coffee this morning."

"Your daughter?" my dad asks in suprise. I was just as suprised as my dad. I've known this couple eversince I was born and last time I knew, Helena was diagnosed that she can't have children.

"Yes, our daughter." Mr.Woodley adds.

"We just adopted a young lady to be our child. Theo, you should come by to our house and meet her sometime. Maybe she can be useful for this business too."

I reply them by a smile.

"I'll love for a stop by." My dad says. "Okay now, enough for the chit chats.. Shall we start?"