One

"I'm hooomee" I slurred, walking in then dropped the plastic bags to the wooden table.

"Shai! What do you bring?" 10 years old Bonnie and his other 10 years old friends ran into me.

"Apples, pears, also some nuts I got from the market.. Go get it there" I patted his head and noticed a figure stopped infront of me.

"Hi Jake" I easily say, walking to the fridge to get some water, tapping my thighs casually while walking.

"Shai," He says sternly, folding his arms together.

"What?" I played dumb, putting down my glass of water.

"It's late. You came home late, again." He says in a serious tone.

"Oh come one Jakey, we're over this. I can defend myself. Besides, im okay now right?"

"For now yes. But what happened if you sneak out again tomorrow and theres god knows what kind of crimes are there out there! Shai, you're young, 17 is a young age. Plus, youre a lady. Its not safe for you to walk around the streets alone like that. Besides, Bonnie won't go to sleep not until you come home."

"But I'm safe now" I rolled my eyes and I heard him exhaled his breath deeply.

Jake is the oldest in this orphanage. I'm the second oldest. With him being the oldest definitely made him in charge of everything, of everyone. He acts like an adult, a mature brother, one whom everyone can look up to. I was brought to this orphan when I was 10, that time he found me. I was in the streets and I couldn't remember much. All I remember after was 12 years old Jake walking to me and asked me if I needed help.

Again he's always been like the big brother to me, to all of us. But sometimes he's such a nose and wouldn't give me freedom. I've spent half of my life on the streets and I've always been safe. Why wouldn't he trust me? It annoys me to know that he has no faith in me, that he's treating me just like the other children.

"I'm 17, Jacob." I say, daring to call him by his first name.

"And you're only 2 years older. That doesn't make you the leader here. I can do what I want, go where I want, you have no right to stop me" I speak up.

"Ugh, why are you so hard to deal with" He shakes his head, running his fingers on his dark brown hair.

"You are the hard one to deal with! i've always obeyed you but you were just- ugh I don't know what to say anymore! I hate you, i hate you!" I repeat and I didn't know why the next second my feet was running, making its way outside the door.

"Shailene! Get back here!" He half shouts but I wouldn't listen. I ran out to the door and wipe my eyes. My period definitely turned me into a crybaby.

I walk and ran and walk and think and ran in the cold night air and dark streets,

until a loud honk got me turned around and the car's lights shoot to my body.

everything went black.

-

10 votes and I will make next chapter!