Twelve

Shai's POV

Being sat in a boring chair in a boring meeting room with five other 'important' boring people makes me bored. Meanwhile Theo was so busy explaining his upcoming project that he's somewhat too proud of, I make myself occupied by twirling my pen on top of the long meeting table and it continously fell. I'd pick it up. Then it will fall again. And sometimes Theo would glance at me and widen his eyes.

Buzzz buzz

Shoot.

My phone rang, and it's loud noise caught the attention of everyone inside this room. I read the name that is displayed on my phone screen

Ansel.

I grinned at them in awkwardness and picked up the phone,

"Ansel! I- I can't talk right now!" I whisper shouted to my phone. I heard Theo grunts in annoyance next to me.

"Whoa slow down- beautiful. I just miss your voice. And your face too."

Realizing that he's also speaking too loud on the phone- which makes the whole situation even worse, I decided to end the conversation;

"Talk to you later byeee!"

I was too scared to even look at Theo in the eye, but I know for a fact that I should make this up, or else, he'll be most glad to bash me for my  nonexistent 'childishness'.

So I stared at the big screen being projected next to him and a bright idea went across my head: I decided to improvise.

Yes, Shailene Diann, 17 years old, an orphan, with zero education background, about to take over the wheel of The Woodley and James's business, risking it infront of five important investors, and risking the whole business itself.

"I think," I stood and made my voice loud.

"Instead of aiming to profit by destroying our natural land, we should make a business to help it."

I heard Theo let out a synical laugh, obviously underestimating me. I furrowed my brows.

"In this region where Theo plan to build three new factories," I spoke louder.

"Is rich of natural resources and as well is a habitat for most animals. Cutting woods will not only disbenefit the nonliving like trees and plants, but it will also disbenefit the living, such as animals and human. They make our ecosystem balanced, and it is us, humans, so greedy and selfish to do things for our own benefits."

This time I realize that it was getting too emotional for me and the five pair of eyes of the rich men are on me.

"Okay enough Shai-"

"NO- you listen to me!" I stopped Theo.

"There are alot of business opportunities available for any men who would aim for big profit. But it does not have to ruin others's shelter, place to live, we could always think of something else and at the same time make same amount of profit!"

A big man in suit, one of the investors, grew interested.

"Come back with the resolution of other business that could be built in the region that is not harmful. I give you one week to come up with two business proposals to be presented in front of us."

My eyes grew wide in happiness and hope, While Theo looked utterly confused.

"Until then, good speech, Ms.Woodley. In this era we indeed must need more people to be concerned of our earth. Congratulations, you are one of them. People like you must be appreciated, and most importantly, supported."

The others began to clap their hands and I couldn't pour out my emotions properly at the moment so I just burst out laugh and tears rolled out of my eyes in joy.