Alive?!

Aizawa's POV:

I was patrolling the whole night until I found this boy on a roof. At first, I thought he was just relaxing on the roof since he was only laying there but something made me stop and watch over him.

My instincts were telling me that something was wrong and I had a lot of red flags popping up in my head by just looking at the kid. The wind was picking up that night too and it was carrying the smell of burned skin and blood. Although it was only faint, I could still pick it up.

I was a pro hero long enough to know that something was wrong. What the kid did was something I wasn't prepared for at all. If he had only jumped as a normal person... but that wasn't the case.

As I was approaching the greenette he suddenly stood up and went to the edge of the roof.

Me: Kid!

There was no use yelling or screaming at him not to do it as he was already letting himself fall to the ground. Normally people would stop and stand still by the edge to collect their thoughts and get prepared but not this kid.

Me: Shit!

As quickly as I could I ran towards the edge and shot my capture gear at him, I could only pray that I would make it in time. I was hoping to feel the familiar thug at the end of it but nothing came. Instead, I could hear a loud thumb.

Running towards the edge I could see the boy's body laying on the ground.

...

If only I was faster!

Seeing the boy on the ground I could feel the anger inside me rise. It was my fault for not being fast enough and waited to see what he was doing.

I should have known it better!

The kids' body was laying on the ground and since this was only a 4-story building I had still a little hope left that he wouldn't die immediately. There were a few incidents where a kid survived such a fall. Knowing that I jumped down from the building using my scarf to get down safely and immediately started running towards the kid body. Once I was in front of it, I began checking for a pulse but there was nothing.

Me: *sigh*

He had his eyes closed and looked very happy. A smile was around his face. His body was completely covered in blood and I could see some broken bones piercing through his skin.

Me: Why?

As I was thinking that I took out my phone. I after all needed to inform Tsukauchi about a dead body.

There were a couple of reasons the kid could have jumped.

I wonder if he has a note on him since there were none on the roof...

The kid jumped off the roof with his shoes still on which was also very rare to see. People would often put their shoes neatly to the aide on the rooftop with a note below it. However, this kid had nothing with him and just jumped.

I crouched down before the kid and started to search for a letter in his school uniform pockets but I couldn't find one at all.

Me: *Sigh*

I was very close to the kid and looking him from top to bottom again. The greenette looked like he was around 13 years old. The school uniform was the uniform from Aldera Junior High. I knew the school uniforms from a couple of schools since I lived in this area before I moved closer to UA.

Me: *Sigh*

As I was sighing, I looked at the kid and as I was thinking how sad and horrifying this whole scene was the kid all of the sudden sat up with wide open eyes.

Me:!

It surprised me so much that I fell on my butt and looked at him. All I could manage was blink and blink at him again.

Kid: Shit... This seriously hurts!

He was not dead... And the fact that he was dead a minute ago surprised me a lot.

An immortality quirk?

Or maybe regeneration?

But why is he not healing then...

It took me a couple of seconds to regain my composure again and go back to a crouching position. He still hasn't realized that I was there meaning I needed to be careful and make him lay back down.

I quickly took out my phone and texted Chiyo. I would have put him into a hospital if not for the fact that he was dead a minute ago.

After I finished that I touched his shoulder carefully and he snapped towards me.

Me: It's okay kid. Help is on the way. Just lay down problem child.

Kid: Aizawa-sensei?

Me: !!!

If that is not concerning or creepy as fuck then I don't know what is. This kid jumped in front of me, I couldn't save him and then he dies and just bolts up alive again knowing my name. Not to mention that he was about to die again because of all the wounds he had.

I ignored the fact that he knew my name for the moment and forced him to lay down again. I knew that Chiyo was on her way since that old lady couldn't just ignore my message saying I had a dying kid that jumped off a building and is somehow still alive.

Thankfully the kid let me lay him down and inspect his wounds as well as do some first aid on a couple of injuries.

Kid: ...

I saw the kids focus shift from me to his surroundings. He started looking around and yet he was calm. Normally people start freaking out at this point.

Me: Kid?

He was looking around until his gaze fixated on the building which he jumped from.

Kid: Wait! Where am I?

Me: What's your name kid?

He looked fairly calm to me even after what just happened. This made think that he might have lost parts of his memories.

Kid: Why are you asking this?

Me: What's the last thing you remember than kid?

I needed a way to keep him awake as I could see the effect of the blood lose kick in. He was struggling to stay awake and I knew this. Luckily, I could hear some sirens and not soon after I heard them Tsukauchi as well as Chiyo came with an ambulance.

Chiyo: OH MY!

Tsukauchi: Didn't you say he was dead?

Me: Yes, but he is somehow alive again.

Chiyo: Get him into the nearest hospital quickly!

I could see the healer use her quirk on him even though we both knew that it was risky. He could die at the worst-case scenario. Seeing as he already dies and is about to die, this was nothing new.

After that we all went with the boy to the nearest hospital and I told them what happened.