A mistake I could never live with!

All Might's POV:

I couldn't stay in the boy's room for long even if I wanted to. After what I did to him, I couldn't help but visit the kid. He jumped after all from the building I left him behind. Not only that but he saw also my weak form.

I don't know if I should be happy over his condition or not...

He is alive and that is the important fact!

I am sure he will get the best medical support he needs.

It's not as if a kid survives a jump every day...

...

Does that mean he may have a healing quirk?

Nah!

I asked the staff there and they all told me the same.

That he shouldn't be alive as a quirkless kid and that for some forsaken reason he was still alive.

How can they even say that about a kid?!

In the evening of that day I meet up with my old friend and detective Tsukauchi. I told him what happened and the guy gave me a reality check. Not only was I once quirkless too but I had a dream and no one crushed it. Back then the quirkless rate wasn't that low and people hated us too. However now it was a whole different story. Tsukauchi told me about all the deaths of quirkless kids.

Only 10% of the world's population are quirkless and from these only 1% are not from the older generation. To top that off 95% of the kids born this way don't even live as long and commit or were found dead on the street.

I am sure he got a lot of hate from all the other people...

Born quirkless wasn't ideal in my time but hearing what Tsukauchi told me...

The kid sure must have had it rough...

And I pushed him over the edge...

Now after he told me that, I had a bad feeling. I left the kid on a rooftop after all. So, I went back and found police officers closing the streets and a couple of ambulance. It wasn't hard to guess that the kid which dreams I destroyed jumped because of me.

Still hoping that that wouldn't be the case I asked a police officer what happened and he told me that a kid jumped but was lucky to survive. This made my heart squeeze because of guilt. I felt very guilty. It was my fault. The number 1 hero's fault. I destroyed a life and a kid smile forever.

I need to make things right again!

If I can help him finding his path in life then I will do it!

This was the reason I did everything to find out in which hospital he was in and visit him. To my surprise he couldn't remember anything at all. The punch he however delivered came quirk and surprised me. He was definitely skilled I could tell that one.

Tsukauchi: How did your visit go?

I was currently meeting up with my friend and we both were eating outside. He was curious as how the kid was after what I did.

Me: Good considering what happened.

Tsukauchi: Good? I can't believe a kid that jumped would feel good the moment he waked up.

Me: Well he did punch me but immediately collapsed afterward and apologized for it.

Tsukauchi: Punch you? Did you let him do that?

Me: I would. I deserved it after all but the punch came out of the blue and very fast.

Tsukauchi: Quirkless doesn't mean Useless after all. The kid must have some serious skills.

Me: Yes.

Tsukauchi: To be honest, I would have done a lot more if I was him. You basically destroyed his life.

Me: I know.

Tsukauchi: And the kid didn't scream at you?

Me: No just apologized.

Tsukauchi: He must have some good self-control over himself.

Me: That's not it.

Tsukauchi: What do you mean?

Me: He can't remember anything besides names and faces. He doesn't know what happened in his past.

Tsukauchi: Wow... The kid got lucky he still is alive.

Me: Yes...

Tsukauchi: What will you do?

Me: I'll support his dream.

Tsukauchi: You sure you want to do this?

Me: Yes.

Nana gave me a chance and I took it.

She was willing enough to give me a quirkless kid back then the chance to go after my dreams.

I destroyed his because I forgot what it meant to be quirkless.

I forgot how it felt not having OfA...

He might even be a good successor.

I'll watch over him for now.

Me: I'll be training him for the UA entrance exam. It will be up to him if he wants to take the chance or not.

Tsukauchi: That only seems right. To be honest, I don't get what people have against quirkless people at all. It's not like they can't be dangerous too. Give the kid a gun and show him how to shot and I am sure he will take good care of himself. At the same time if a person knows how to wield some weapons they can get dangerous. It's not the quirk that makes them dangerous it's the person itself.

Me: What do you think I should teach the kid.

Tsukauchi: Why are you asking me? I am a detective not a hero.

Me: I know but you are my friend and I value your opinion.

Tsukauchi: You should ask yourself that. I can't give you an answer for that my friend. Besides I need to leave. You know I still have some late-night work to do.

Me: I understand.

I wacthed how my friend left and I also went home.

What should I teach a quirkless kid?

Should I test him?

Or maybe even see how he would act in a dire situation?

I do need a successor after all but...

Is he worth it?

I don't want a kid that has power and the sense of justice.

I want someone with the heart of a hero who has no sense of danger.

A person being able to just run and jump into action without them knowing. Their body should move on their own. The heart moving their body and their mind in sync.

Me: *Sigh* How hard can it be a successor to find.

Should I perhaps go with Mirio, the kid Nighteye suggested?

I left these thought alone as I went on thinking about something else. The kid was in the hospital and I witnessed firsthand how weak he is now. This meant that there was no chance that I could or would train them. Instead I wanted to get to know the kid a little more. It would be hard since he doesn't remember a lot of things but I still wanted to know what kind of person the kid was.

It was something my heart wanted me to do. I wanted to protect the one life that nearly died because of me. If he really had died then I wouldn't have known how I would have felt. It was sickening just thinking about it. My heart already felt heavy knowing what happened but now I had the chance to make things right again. There was nothing that could stop me from putting the kid on the right track again and watching over him until I knew that he wouldn't try again.

Me: I should bring the kid something nice to eat. Hospital food is the worst after all...