Chapter 7

Don't forget to vote 🥺

The next morning has been quite pleasant for Laiba

The next morning has been quite pleasant for Laiba. Firstly she got to sleep peacefully amidst the silence at her home, made herself pancakes for breakfast and then spent the day with her dad while her mom and Aliha went for a walk.

"aren't you tired abba?" she switched on the TV and surfed through Netflix to find a suitable show that both she and her father could enjoy.

"Allah knows I'm exhausted but after getting a good sleep I feel a lot better" Laiba settled on the couch beside her father, pressing play on a marvel movie. They sat in silence for a while enjoying the show or maybe it was just Laiba who was enjoying it while her father seemed quite restless which went unnoticed by her until he spoke.

"What do you think about Taahir?" the question caught her off guard but she answered nevertheless, "He is.... Is quite decent for a man of his age" she tried to bring her attention back to the movie, trying to get over the question that seemed suspicious to her.

"Why are you asking my opinions on Taahir all of a sudden Baba?" Saahil chuckled nervously, shifting on his seat he turned towards her, "Remember during high-school you used to tell me about your crush on him?" he watched in amusement when the the top of her ears turned red, eyes widening comically before she bought her horrified expressions back to being neutral

"And what about it? It was nothing more than a stupid Highschool crush. This shouldn"t matter right now but I don't understand why this question is relevant? What do you exactly want to ask me?"

Laiba watched her father with a hawk-like gaze as he lifted the glass of water from the coffee table, drinking a few sips before deciding to cut through the chase and ask her the question directly which his wife had asked him to do.

"Your Khaala and Ammi both want to get you married to Taahir. It has been a discussion they both were having from a very long time"

"And you agree to this?" Though her mind felt like it would combust at the new knowledge she tried maintaining her calm, it wasn"t the time to panic, and she wouldn"t want her father to know that she still had a tad bit of a crush on Taahir. Her affection for him never left even after all these years

"Taahir is a good child, I"ve watched him grow into the man he is today. I would be lying if I say I don"t have a soft corner for the boy and I also feel that he will be a good match for your princess"  Laiba smiled softly at the endearment though confusion clouded her mind, jumbling her thoughts to form any right sentence.

'Was she ready to get married? and out of all to Taahir?'

"I'm not sure Abba" she voiced her thoughts

Shaking his head, SSaahil gave her a comforting smile, "No one's forcing you beta, you can take enough time to think about this and then whatever the decision you make will be the final one"

...

It took Laiba a week to make a decision. She listed all the pros and cons she would experience through this marriage and came to a conclusion that she didn"t had any problem with the proposal.

To her surprise Taahir had agreed on the marriage too so here she was exactly a month later signing on the nikah papers,  simple marriage in the mosque, both the families had agreed in getting them married and when Taahir would get a stable job they would have their wedding. It was a decision made in her favor.

The very same night she had booked her ticket back to Cali. Her little heart elated with the knowledge that Taahir was going there with her. Though his reason was for a job hunt, it didn"t let her feel any less excited.

Perhaps she was once again keeping her hopes af stake, ready to breakdown the walls she had built over the years

...

Assalaamualaikum Beautiful readers!!

With this chapter we end the boring part of the story, from the next update let's spice things up and get into the interesting part

Hope you all are taking good care of yourselves and your loved ones

Stay Safe
Stay Happy

Love,
Alia