Chapter 11

'you look like you don't want to be here' Laiba glanced at Tahir who trudged behind her, his lips contoured into a distasteful sneer, 'Is it too late to reveal that I hate rides?' after securing her ticket that came in the form of a wrist band and...

'you look like you don't want to be here' Laiba glanced at Tahir who trudged behind her, his lips contoured into a distasteful sneer, 'Is it too late to reveal that I hate rides?' after securing her ticket that came in the form of a wrist band and giving one to Tahir as well, they left the ticket both and entered Disneyland.

Laiba then stopped by the accessory stall, picking a mickey mouse headband she turned and put it on Tahir's head, 'Yes, you're a little late to say that, but since I'm a considerate human being we will start with the most easiest ride'

'And that is?'

'The roller coaster of course!'

....

Perhaps having Tahir ride the roller-coaster with her wasn't a great idea cause when Laiba was shouting her lungs out as euphoria rushed into her adrenaline with every twist and turn the fast tracks lead them to, then there was Tahir who clutched tightly onto her sleeves and his head snuggled into the crook of her neck

'Tahir!'

'NO' chuckling Laiba pushed him a little, 'It's no fun if you hide yourself throughout the ride'

Taahir shook his head, terrified  eyes staring back at her, 'I'm going to die' the small pout in which he spoke made laiba laugh loudly before she held his hand, 'you won't die, I've done this a thousand times and look I'm still in one piece'

'I'm not you!' Tahir whined, burying his head in his hands he said, 'I hate rides, please get me off this'

'Hey listen to me, the best way to overcome your fear is to live through it' laiba said smugly, 'You need to scream out your fears before this ride ends'

Taahir stared at her in disbelief, 'I'm not doing it'

'I'll treat you with a nice barbecue tonight if you agree'

Taahir stared at laiba, contemplating the offer before he agreed 'You promise?' laiba nodded, 'okay'

Taking a few breaths he detached himself from laiba to whom he was initially clinging on and turned to look at the ride and the the passengers in front of them for the first time since they sat on the ride. When the train took a 360 degree turn across the platform both laiba and Taahir screamed together and then looked at each other when the ride slowed down a little before it sped when descending

Taahir clutched on the bar tightly and tried not to close his eyes, his lungs involuntarily constructing to elicit a loud scream-one followed by another-in chorus with all the passengers as he felt his shoulders being lift of some invisible weight. He screamed again, pouring out the unspoken aggression that had completely filled his heart since he never got the chance to grieve for his lost love properly and had to always keep his emotions in check so as not to worry those around him or create any disturbing scenario that could affect Maheen's life.

'Wow, that was a good ride' Tahir exclaimed when they got off the train, Laiba smiled at him in return, 'See I told you so, you've to learn to trust me' she then pulled pulled them both into a photobooth that was lined at the end of the accessory carts. Upon entering the small white room laiba spotted a small table filled with different props, picking a rabbit hat she gave it to Tahir and chose a funky grey mustache prop for herself.