Chapter 3 A ride home

Chailai's pov 

I woke up the next day excited and nervous at the same time. Today is the day the team captain is going to announce everyone's score and who made it to the team or not. I have wanted to get into the team for so long, I have been watching the team play and I was such a big fan of Rama. Is not like I will ever let him know this, but he was physically everything that I always want it to look like. He was so tall, handsome, outgoing, good at sport, good at school and that motorbike he rides every morning makes him look cooler. 

Yeah, the girls in my class were crazy about him, which makes me jealous of him. Whenever there is a basketball match, he’s always scored more than his other teammates. I look up to him so much,  and that is why I want it to play one day in the same match as him. Him in comparison to me, God my name is Chailai why in the world did my father let my mother name me like that? What were they thinking? I always make sure to drink milk every time I have a chance, because I was short, my father is 1,80 but my mother is even shorter than me and she’s in her 36. That explains where I get that height. But hey I have hope, I'm only 15 I believe that I will be even bigger and taller than Rama one day oh hell yeah I will. 

My parents used to drive me to school every day, and I had enough of this because my mother keeps embarrassing me every time she drops me at school, kissing me In Front of everyone, I try to convince them to buy me a cool motorbike, guess what they got me? a bus ticket instead, they won’t even let me ride my bike to school because my school is too far and they find it dangerous.

What do they think I am?  a girl? damn it.  I believe they were overprotective because I was the only child and I was almost kidnapped once ... well okay it was twice.  In my younger years, many people took me for a girl. I still have this problem even now, more guys hit on me than girls believe it or not.  What makes the matter worse, all of them know perfectly that I am a boy. The first time it happened I was so upset that if my friend didn’t hold me I would punch the guy, but now I get used to it, I just reject them like a pro by telling them I got a girlfriend.

Every morning the first thing I do after waking up is push up and sit up, then go check myself in the bathroom mirror. I usually do some athletic poses forcing my abs to appear. Oh yes, that makes me feel handsome and cool. After admiring my almost no abs, but flat belly I brush my teeth, wear my sports clothes, enter my uniform in my school bag, drink some milk and my father drives me to the school. 

He drives me when I need to practice early in the morning because the bus does not drive at that time. I get off and run inside trying to reach there exactly at 5:00 am.
I greet the guys that were waiting for their score and glance at Rama a little. For some reason, I feel like he’s always glancing at me, which I always return. I had no idea why I wasn’t bothered by it but felt shy instead. I don’t normally get shy, but it was different when it comes to Rama.

“everyone’s here, alright we going to train hard today, as you all know we will be playing this Friday at the end of practice I will announce who made it to the team or not" say jade that making my nervousness come back I take a deep breath and taking my hair off my eyes I want it to make it to the team so bad that it hurt, and my eyes fall exactly in Rama eyes that were looking at me. 

I didn’t plan to turn my gaze. I believe the one who turns their head first is the one who gets intimidated.  Maybe that is the only way I can beat that big guy by intimidating him with my fierce stare, but my mind went blank in a second when he smiled at me and gave me a small wink. It was like he was telling me not to worry that I made it to the team. I couldn’t help but turn my head with my ears red like a tomato. ” Does that mean I lost to him even in this? ” 

"Hey dude, are you alright your face is all red,” says Kevin 

"I’m not red, the fuck you are talking about” I shout