Chapter 5 The butterflies

Chailai pov's

After the game that we won against another school, I was so happy. Well I was on the bench, Jade said I needed to work harder and improve myself to play in the games, but I was still happy when we won. After the game, Rama gave me a ride home. We talk on our way home, well ... mustly Rama teasing me. Making me blush the whole time even though I hide it pretty well, I hope he doesn't notice.
When we reach my home I get up taking off my helmet and I say " uhm thank you again"
" Guess what?" He says
" Uhm ... what? " I say looking at him with a confusing glare
" I just realized that I drive right in front of your house to go to school," he says
" your point?" I ask
" I'll pick you up Monday for practice at 5:45 am. see you," he said putting back his helmets
" huh?... What? Hey, what do you mean? hey Rama ..." I shout at him that ride away without letting me finish talking
I stand in front of my gate thinking what the hell, what is going on. He didn't even let me decide whether I wanted to go with him or not. How rude. I touch my face that feels hot and says" is he playing a prank on me or something?" While thinking I should not let my guard down and get hurt in the end. I have always seemed like a target for bullies since Kindergarten school, boys always want to pick on me because I'm small and that is why now I have some trust issues.

I went inside touching my cheek that felt like they were burning, taking my bath and eating dinner with my parents even though all I was thinking is why Rama seems like he targeted me and for what reason?

On Monday I know he says he was picking me up, I feel so uneasy. I didn't know rather let my father drive me or wait for Rama in Infront of the gate. I was so determined to ignore his request, but for some reason, I ended up deciding to wait for him in front of the gate. The moment I get out I realize his motorcycle was already standing Infront of my house waiting for me. I stand there trying not to give away how much my heart was beating by seeing him. I don't know how long this idiot was here waiting for me, he could have called or something.

"hi, how long were you waiting, you could have called" for some reason he always makes me feel shy when talking to him.

" I just arrive, come here," he said putting the helmets for me

"I can do it by myself you know? "I say

"I know, but I want to do it for you, "he says, attaching the helmet for me, making my heart beat faster, thank God it was still dark otherwise he would realize how red my face turned just because of one sentence he says.

"Stop being so cheesy, "I say, pushing his hand when he finishes attaching the helmets for me and gets on the motorcycle behind him.

He laughs and start his motorcycle and say "hold me tie we are a bit late; I'm going to go a bit faster"

Shyly I held him in the waist, and he started riding and we reached the school stadium in a blink of an eye.

Two months later

In the upcoming days, Rama picks me up from school to home and from home to school every day.
He treats me, takes care of me in the team whenever Simon tries to bully me, he bought me my favourite smoothies and for some reason, with all the attention I was getting from him it did not bother me. He pampers me so much that I was getting spoiled by him and without realizing it my eyes were searching for him at the school. It was obvious, he was hitting on me. We became friends in such a short time and not only that, whenever I see him talking with some cute girls for some reason, I begin to feel funny and this feeling yes, I didn't like it at all.

Friday after our match with another school, I stand holding a bottle of water that I buy for Rama. Well, he's been treating me so much lately, so today I decided to give him a bottle of water.