Chapter 4 Chailai name's meaning

Rama pov's

I lived only two blocks farther than Chailai house. During my ride home I was smiling the whole time; it was obvious, so obvious I must admit that I like Chailai.

Yes, I say I like Chailai. I can still feel a little burn where he was holding me during our ride home, I can still smell him. He smelled like baby powder mixed with strawberry shampoo. Does a smell like that even exist? or I was out of my mind. He's so damn cute that I can not get him out of my head. I was thinking of him during dinner, my parents and sister were talking to me, but I couldn't even hear them properly. After my bath, I sit on my desk doing my homework and smiling. I busted out laughing out of sudden thinking how much he hates being called Chailai. I find his name so damn adorable, anyways I was already out of my mind for him, so everything about Chailai seems adorable to me.

I couldn't help to be curious about his name, I took my lap up and search for Chailai name meaning. It was a Thai name but the moment I saw the meaning I burst out laughing. Now I know why he didn't like it while I think this name was made exactly for him. Chailai means "pretty, lovely, beautiful in Thai, while Chai means "Life, triumphant, or mischievous boy"
I shook my head smiling thinking how adorable is this boy. I think I'm falling for him hard.

I went to school, the whole day was a bit off because we didn't have practice in the morning so the day was almost over and I hadn't seen Chailai. It's crazy how my eyes were looking for him around the whole school, that even Jade and Phai noticed that I was looking for something.
When lunchtime arrives, I walk to the cafeteria with the boys. By that I mean my best friend Jade and my two good friends Danny and Phai.
Danny and Phai are usually talking shit to each other making us laugh. They are like the clowns of the group, Jade is like a big brother to all of us and I'm the spoiled little brother.

Jade touch my back and say " Hey Dude"

" mhmm?" I say walking

" I think what you've been searching for the whole day is here" Jade signalled me Chailai standing on the smoothie part in the cafeteria waiting for his turn to buy.

"Uhm Oh yeah I was thirsty the whole day, let me buy a smoothie," I say pretending like I don't understand what he means

"Are you sure you only want to drink the smoothie?" say Phai making Jade and Danny busted laughing

"Here, go take our table before someone else took it " I throw my bag to Phai ignoring them

"Hey, buy me a smoothie," said Jade walking

"Me too" say, Danny

"Same for me, "says Phai

"Transfer me the money, "I say

"Oh, come on man you are Rich, treat your brothers, "said Danny

"don't forget to transfer me the money," I say walking away

"Cheap ass punk "shout Phai

"No smoothie for you Phai" I shout back laughing

"I was joking, I'm joking" he shouts walking away with Jade and Danny
I walk where Chailai was standing and his eyes fall right into mine, but he turns around acting like he didn't see me. I walk standing behind him and say "you not going to greet your senior?"

"Oh, hi uhm hi didn't see you, how you doing? "he says acting a bit weird
He was a little more polite than how he usually is, which made me feel a little bit nervous too

"I'm Good, did you get home safe yesterday?" I say just searching for a conversation

"Well, you drop me home yesterday, I guess yes," he says

"Oh yeah yeah, truth," I say

"An han" he mumbles looking at the line

"A hum uhm so, uhm so what are you buying?" I say like an idiot that I curse myself thinking why I'm talking like I'm retarded.

"smoothies," he says without turning

"You don't like black American coffee anymore or what?" I say smiling

He turns to look at me and says" what do you want?"

"I'm here to buy just like you, I am not allowed? "I say smiling at him

He looked at me and turned all shy without an answer. It was funny to see him getting shy, he always had such a big mouth with an answer for everything, but he was a bit different today.

"What flavour of smoothies do you like?" I say

"Go away" he mumbles without turning
I rolled my eyes thinking the rude Chailai I know is back.

Well if he wants to play like that, I smile and say "come on CHAILAI tell me"

He grunts and turns to me and Shouts" how many times do I need to repeat myself, call me Chai?"

"But I like Chailai," I say without looking at him

"Just because you are a giant you think I can't punch you? "He says.

"I'm your senior have some respect," I say

"You just one year older than me," he says

"So what? I'm still older," I say

" I do not care, I say stop calling me like that," he said looking at me

"Well," I say, walking a bit closer to him makes him take two steps back looking at me all confused and shy at the same time and say" stop, what? what are you doing?"

" Instead of Chailai, do you prefer me to call you BEAUTIFUL?" I say almost near his ears that he stands there paralyzed looking at me the same way I was looking at him, only that I had satisfied smile on my face, and the serving lady says " are you guys going to stop flirting and order already?" that make Chailai jump and turn with his ears all red and say " the same as always" to the lady

"Strawberry and banana smoothies right?" she says

"yes" he mumbles softly

I smile and say" Strawberry and banana smoothies"

He ignored me and took the smoothie, paid and disappeared without looking back, which left me standing there smiling looking in his direction like an idiot. He was so funny it was so obvious he blushed when I called him beautiful that made me realize, he's just playing hard to get but I think maybe he likes me too.

I bought four smoothies and went back to the guys sitting with one hand supporting my head smiling like crazy. The guys were talking and all I was saying was "huh and uh-huh" I didn't even hear a word they were saying. My head was full of Chailai. I was thinking about the way he looked at me when he's embarrassed or angry, His beautiful big green eyes, his skin looked so pale and white like baby skin, with perfect shape soft pink lips, I wondered how it would feel kissing those lips"
Oh my God, what am I thinking? I feel like a pervert right now, I need to get my shit together. It's been only one week since I met Chailai and now it seems like my whole world revolves around him. That is not good. I needed to focus on my study, the games, my college exams, and the school I wanted to choose. I only have 6-month In front of me. I shouldn't be thinking about those kinds of things now, and what makes it worse is he's a boy. Does that mean I like both girls and boys now? But I never even looked at boys before this was the first time. I was confused and worried at the same time. I wanted to talk it out with someone, but I didn't even understand the feeling myself, how can someone else understand it?

After school, I went to the student consul group and then went home trying my best to stop thinking about Charlie.

On Friday we didn't have practice in the morning but we had a game in the afternoon.

In the game, I try to focus and not think or even look at Chailai. I want to give myself some time to think about it because I still believe maybe it's just some stupid teenage phase.
After our victory with the other team I ended up giving Chailai a ride home again and I realized this feeling was real, even more, real than anything I had ever experienced before. Just giving him a ride home and hearing him saying thank you before going inside made my heart beat nonstop like I was going to have a heart attack. That is when I decided to not stop this feeling but to accept it.