CHAPTER 9

It was Saturday and had just given Lu a bath and they were now playing peek-a-boo. Lu loved this game, and Liz loved hearing her giggle. They were going furniture shopping with Jason today after visiting Stacy at the hospital. Liz couldn't wait to see what the nursery would look like once it was furnished. Suddenly she heared a car outside. That couldn't be Jason could it? She thought she had some time to get ready. She quickly wrapped the baby in a towel and went to peek out the window

It was Jason! She went to the door to invite him in, but she realised he was on the phone

It was Jason! She went to the door to invite him in, but she realised he was on the phone. She gave him a wave and rushed back inside to dress the baby. Liz was already dressed and the daiper bag was packed. She just had to dress Lu and she was done. She moisturized baby skin quickly and git her dressed. She was out of the house be Jason could finish his call. He opened the door so Liz could strap Lu into her seat. He then opened Liz's door and helped her in before she couldn't ask about her step stool. He went round to the driver's side and got in as he finally finished his call. " So, how are ladies doing?" He asked with a smile. "I'm fine" Liz said. "How about you Lu?" She asked the baby, turning around to look at her. Lu let out a cute giggle as clapped her hands. "I think that means she fine as well" Liz said smiling at Jason. Jason smiled back and started the car.

They arrived at the hospital and Stacy was waiting for them. She smiled when she saw them an immediately wanted to hold her baby. She looked paler than she had the week before, but when Liz asked she said she was okay. She also told them that she had spoken to her parents and they were coming to see her in the next week. Liz happy that at least she was trying to fix her relationship with them. They stayed until the nurse said it was time to go. Stacy thanked Liz again for taking good care of her baby. She asked Liz to teacher the baby everything she new about her culture, especially the language. Liz was more than happy to agree. Stacy also asked Liz to teach Lu her clan names. In the Zulu culture, every surname has clan names attached to it that are used especially during traditional ceremonies to call on the ancestors. Liz didn't have a problem with this, but obviously she needed to know the surname in order to teach the clan names. When Stacy told her Lu's surname, she was shocked because that was her surname aswell. Stacy immediately asked her if she had a brother and if he was alive. Liz did have an older brother who lived in Durban and was very much alive. At least teaching Lu her clan names would be easy because they were her's as well and she knew them off by heart.

They left the hospital and went to the furniture shop. Everything looked so cute! And Jason told her she could choose anything she wanted. She chose a cute changing station with shelves built in for towels and toiletries. She found a beautiful wooden crib with angels engraved on it. Jason also chose a few things he liked and then they were done. Jason paid and was told that the truck would be ready to deliver in the next two  hours. He thanked the manager and they left. As they headed for the car, Jason asked Liz if she wanted to get some lunch, since they had a whole two hours to kill. Liz agreed and the decided to go to Mcdonalds.

They were now in the parking lot at Mcdonalds and Jason was waiting for Liz to finish changing the baby so they could go in. "Done" Liz said as she held out her hand so he could help her out of the car. She picked up the baby and they went in. They went to the counter to place their order. Once Liz had chosen what she wanted to eat, she went to find them a table to sit at. Luckily she found one that had a booster seat next to it. She settled Lu into her seat then took a baby wipe and wiped down the table before sitting down. She searched  for Jason as she sat and she saw him talking to a blond lady in a very tight skirt. The finally called his number and he collected his tray and made his way over to Liz, with the blond staring at him the whole time. When she saw were he was heading she gave Liz the evil eye and turned to her friends. Jason arrived at the table and set the tray down. "Here we go, get it while it's hot" he said. "Who's that?" Liz asked, reaching for her burger.
"Who?"
"The blonde giving me the evil eye. Who is she and what did I do to her?"
"Just a lady from work. She's my partner's secretary."
"And why is looking at me like that"
"She's keeps trying to get me in bed, so I told her I was here with my family and she should leave me alone. I think it worked."
"I wouldn't hold my breathe if I were you"
"What do you mean- " Hey Jason the blonde said, cutting him off. He rolled his eyes before turning to her. "What do you want?" He asked. Liz was shocked. She'd never seen be so rude. "I just wanted to say hi." She said. " aren't you going to introduce me?" Liz could see that Jason was getting angrier by the minute but this blonde chick didn't seem to notice. This should be interesting Liz thought as she picked up her drink. " This is Amy from work" Jason said, making the blonde pout. "And this" he said pointing at Liz "this is Lizeka" Liz was so amazed that he got her name right, she almost missed his next words "my girlfriend and mother of my gorgeous  child" Liz almost choked on her drink as he grabbed her hand from the table and held it in his. Amy's eyes almost popped out of her head. She looked from Liz to the baby then back again. Finally she turned on her heel and left. "What the hell was that?" Liz asked angrily pulling her hand away from his. "I'm sorry."he said looking embarrassed. "I guess I got carried away. She just wasn't getting the hint. I've told her countless times at work that I'm not interested but she just keeps coming." Liz looked unimpressed "so you decided to us for your means." She said pointing t herself and Lu. "I saw a chance and took it. I'm sorry" he repeated. "Whatever." Liz said getting up. " I'm going to the ladies then we can leave." She said picking up their empty boxes and throwing them away. "What about the baby?" He asked. "What about her?"
"Are you taking her with you?"
"No, I'm leaving her with you"
"By myself?"
"What's the problem?"
"What if she cries?"
"Then you get her to stop. I'm just going to the ladies. You'll be fine for five minutes."
"But, but-"
"Dude! 'Gorgeous baby' won't bite you. She doesn't have teeth." Liz said as she walked away.
She came back to find Jason using a napkin to wipe Lu's chin while Lu smile happy at him. "I see everyone is still in one piece." She said as she unbuckled the booster seat and picked Lu up. "It wasn't so bad" he said picking up the daiper bag. He saw Amy watching him out of the corner of his eye. He grabbed the bag and then grabbed Liz's hand as they walked out. "Now what are you doing." Liz asked looking up at him. "Sending a message he said as he opened the door for Liz. "What message is that?" Liz asked as they reached the car. Jason said:

"I'M NOT INTERESTED. I'M NOT AVAILABLE. LEAVE ME ALONE"