CHAPTER 16

The next morning Liz got up, took a shower and got dressed. She was glad that she had packed her sneakers and jeans, at least she had something to wear. As soon as she had the baby dressed and ready she headed downstairs for breakfast. Jason was already there and had saved her a seat next to him.

After breakfast the lawyer arrived. Liz was about to excuse herself when the lawyer stopped her.
"Are you miss Ndlovu?" He asked
"Yes" Liz answered looking confused.
"Well I'm going to need you to be present for this meeting." He said.
"What? Why?" Liz asked looking at Jason, who just shrugged his shoulders.
"You'll find out in the meeting."
So Liz left the baby with Leo and joined Jason and his parents in the study. Stacy's will was short and sweet. Basically she had a life cover insurance policy that would be paid out into a trust for Lu's education. She some jewellery that she left to her mom. And then came the stunner that shocked everyone. The reason Liz was asked to be present in the meeting.

Stacy had named Liz and Jason as co guardians of baby Lu! They looked at each other. They were speechless. Mrs Jones was also quite for once. Mr Jones nodded his head and said that it  made sense. Liz and Jason already loved Lu like she was their. They were young, while he was about to retire and him and his wife didn't have the energy to run around after a toddler. They all looked at Mrs Jones who slowly nodded in agreement.
The lawyer took out two documents and handed one to Liz and one to Jason. "These are the papers that you need to sign. You can read them and even have your lawyer read them for you. Then you need to sign them and give them back to me. Once that he done you two will officially be the legal guardians of Luthando Jones."
With these words he got up and said his goodbyes and left.

The ride back to Jason's house was quite. Both of them were thinking about what the lawyer said and how it would impact their lives. They had left after the lawyer. Leo had asked if he could stay with them for another week. He had a photography assignment to do about nature. He wanted to use the farms around Jason's house for the assignment. Jason had thought that Leo was studying accounting. But then he remembered Liz saying something about Leo dropping accounting and taking photography. So Liz was right after all. Did this mean that Liz was also right about Leo being gay?. Jason had no idea. The only reason he agreed to let Leo stay was because with him there they had to continue pretending to be a couple. He wasn't  ready to let Liz leave his bed just yet. He was really starting to catch feelings and he didn't know what to do about it.

They finally arrived home and Liz was still deep in thought. She didn't even notice that they had stopped. Jason tapped her shoulder to get her attention. Only then did she realise that thet had arrived. She unbuckled her seatbelt and got out. She got the baby out while Jason got the bags and opened the door.

Liz was tired. She hadn't slept well the night before and thinking about everything that happened that morning was giving her a headache. She took the baby into Jason's room since her cot was still there. She put her on the bed to change her and then gave her her bottle. They played together until they both  fell asleep.

Jason was downstairs, waiting for Liz to come down so they can discuss the guardianship. Almost an hour had gone by while he was deep in thought.  He finally decided to go to Liz and ask her to sit down and discuss this once and for all. When he got upstairs he found Liz and Lu fast asleep on his bed. His heart melted at the sight before him. He realised right then that he would do anything for both of them. "My girls" he thought with a smile. He couldn't loose either one of them. Him and Liz would just have to find a way to make this work for all of them. He pulled a blanket over them and left them to sleep.

A few hours later Liz woke up and went to bathroom. When she came back Lu was up and yawning so she decided to give her a bath. When the baby was cleaned and dressed they went downstairs. "Something smells nice."She said as she walked into the kitchen. "I'm making dinner" Jason said walking up to them and kissing them both on the forehead. Liz raised her eyebrows at him while Lu laughed and clapped her hands. "What was that for?" Liz asked
"Nothing, I just missed you guys while you were sleeping." He said "dinner is almost ready"

"Well then you can watch the baby while I take a shower" she said handing the baby over to Jason.
After her shower they sat down to have their dinner. It was a lovely dinner. Lu even had some potatoes and she loved them. After the dishes were done, Liz asked Jason to help her move the cot back to the nursery. They did that and then Liz starting taking her things out of Jason's cupboard. "What are you doing?" Jason asked stopping her.
"Moving back to my room."
"You can't do that. Leo's coming tomorrow remember? "
"So?"
"We promised mom we'd pretend to be a couple in front of my family. Leo is family."
"Oh please. Leo is cool. I'm sure if we tell him the truth he will understand."
"No. We can't tell him. We made a deal."
"How long is he staying anyway."
"Just a week until he's done taking photos for his assignment."
"Fine, one more week, but no funny business"  Liz said with a sigh as she put her things back.

Next morning Liz got up early to getready for work. Jason found her in the kitchen all dressed making sandwiches. "Good morning" he said hugging her from behind. "Morning" Liz said as she put her sandwiches into her Tupperware lunch box.
"What are you doing?" He asked kissing her neck. "Packing my lunch" she said turning around to push him away. He just held on tighter and kissed her neck again. "Why?"
"Because I have to go to work. I only had one week off remember."
Jason kissed up to her ear, then her cheek, her nose, her eyelids and eventually her mouth. He nibbled on her bottom lip, sending shivers down her spine. Liz opened her mouth to tell him to stop but Jason took this as an invitation to take the kiss deeper. Before she could get any words out Jason's tongue was in her mouth and she was moaning with pleasure. Both of them were breathing hard. They had to stop to catch their breath.
"Jason, I really have to go" Liz said pushing him away. Jason looked disappointed. "I thought we could spend the day together." He said holding her hands. Liz shook her head. "Unfortunately I'm not my own boss like you. I have to go. I don't want to get fired." Liz said as she pulled her hands away from him and finished packing. "What about Lu?" He asked. "I'm taking her with me." She said "unless you want to stay with her."
"No, that's okay. I have some work to do anyway." He sighed. "Let me get dressed so can drive you to work."

When they were at the gate at Liz's work Jason asked what time he should pick them up. "Around 5." Liz answered. She got out and got the baby out while Jason got the daiper bag. He walked them to the gate. When they got there he kissed Lu and then before Liz knew what was happening he kissed her too. On the lips, tongue and all. Then he handed her the bag, said goodbye and climbed into his car and drove away.

Liz stood there with her mouth open for a few minutes. "What on earth has gotten into him?" She wondered shaking her head. Man did she have some juicy news for Sam.