CHAPTER 15

The day of the funeral.

Everyone was running around trying to get ready for the funeral. They were going to Jason's parents house from the cemetery. Liz was wearing the only suit she owned( a black straight cut skirt and matching jacket) . She was wearing heels which she didn't like at all. She only wore heels when it was absolutely necessary. She packed her sneakers just in case. She also packed her jeans in case Lu threw up on her or something.

Eventually everyone was ready and they piled into two cars and left. There were more people than Liz had thought there would be. The funeral went by smoothly. It was a sad and somber affair but it was also very beautiful. Everyone went to the house afterwards. Liz got to meet and interact with more of Jason's extended family. Everyone was very nice. Liz spent a lot of time with Leo, who was showing her around and introducing her to the other relatives.

Later that afternoon when only family was left, Jason found Liz in the lounge feeding the baby. He sat down next to her and put his arm around her. "It feels like I haven't seen you all day." Liz said smiling at him.
"That's because you've been hanging around Leo the whole day." He grumbled. Liz just laughed as she rubbed the baby's back. "When are we leaving?" She asked.  "That's what I came to talk to you about" he said rubbing the back of his head. "We have to stay over night" he said not looking at her. "What are you talking about?"
"There's a lawyer coming here tomorrow to read Stacy's will, and I have to be here. It makes sense to just stay over instead of going home now and coming tomorrow."
"I don't have to be here though, so I can go home now right?"
"How are you gonna go home now?"
"Leo can take me. Just give him your car keys and he can take me home and come back tomorrow for you."
"Hell no! That's not happening"
"What? Why not??"
"I don't want you hanging around that guy okay."
"What do you have against Leo? Your cousin might I remind you."
"I just don't trust him okay. I don't like the way he looks at you."
"You do know that I'm not really your girlfriend right."
"Ofcourse I know. I'm just looking out for you."
"You do know that Leo's gay right."
"What? No. Did he tell you that?"
"He didn't have to. It's kinda obvious."
"Not to me it's not."
"I'm not surprised. Guys are clueless anyway. It is what it is though so you can stop acting like a jealous boyfriend." Jason opened his mother to respond but then closed it again when he realised that Liz was right. He was acting like a jealous boyfriend. He didn't care though. No one  was going to look at Liz or even touch her but him. Ever! "You're still not going home with him, so come on, let me showyou where we are sleeping tonight. " he said grabbing her hand and pulling her up. "Who's 'we'?" Liz asked. "You, me and our baby." He said pulling her up the stairs before she could reply.

"This was my room when I still stayed at home" he said opening the door for Liz. "How long has it been since you left?" Liz asked looking around.
"A few years" Jason said "why?"
"Spider-Man curtains" Liz said putting the baby down on the bed.
"Mom doesn't like change" he said.
"Anyway, this is where we are sleeping tonight and tomorrow we'll speak to the lawyer and then we'll leave." He said. Liz just sat there staring at him. "Look" he said standing in front of her. "I know you don't want to spend the night and you have every right to be mad at me for springing this on you. You have to believe me though. I didn't know about the lawyer either. Mom just told me a while ago. I know what you said about Leo but I'm still not comfortable with leaving you alone with him. So please" he said pulling her up and into his arms. "Do this one favour for me and I won't ask you for anything ever again." Liz laughed "where have I heard that before?"
"So you'll do it?" He asked looking into her eyes. "It's not like I have a choice" she said. "Thank you" he said hugging her tight.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Leo stuck his head inside. "Hey love birds" he said coming. "Here's your daiper bag. You left it downstairs. Aunt Mary said to tell you  supper's ready." Liz went to get the bag from Leo while Jason grumbled to himself. "Thanks babe" Liz said. "Pleasure love, see you downstairs" Leo replied as he left.

"What was that?" Jason asked
"What was what?" Liz asked
"He called you love and you called him babe. What's that about?"
"Nothing, it's just names. They don't mean anything."
"You've never called me babe" he muttered under his breath. "O my word. Are really upset because I called him babe? Fine I'll call you babe too. Will that make you happy?"
He was about to reply when there was another  knock on the door. "Guys? Everyone is waiting for you, come on" his mom said. "Coming mom" he replied. They looked at each other. Liz made sure the baby was sleeping in the middle of the bed and they went downstairs.

They made it through supper which was a sad affair with everyone reminiscing about the funeral.

Back upstairs Liz wanted to take a shower but realised she had nothing to sleep in. Jason looked around his old room and found a pair of blue striped PJ's. They decided he would take the pants and Liz would take the top. Liz took the top and her toiletries  and wrnt to the bathroom. When she was finished she dressed in the pj top which went down to her knees. So she was all covered up. Jason came back from taking a shower in the other bathroom. He was wearing the pj bottom and nothing else. They climbed into bed with the baby between them and went to sleep.

Liz woke up in the middle of the night  to feed the baby. Once Lu had gone back to sleep she realised that she needed to make another bottle. Shw got out of bed and headed for the kitchen. The was moonlight coming in through the window so she didn't switch the light on. She put the kettle on and then put warm water in the sink to wash the baby's bottle. After the water had boiled she rinsed out the bottle and put the boiling water inside. She then put cold water in the sink and put the bottle inside to cool it a little. As she was staring out the window waiting for the water to cool she suddenly felt arms around her waist. "What the-" she turned around quickly only to smash into Jason's chest. "Jason!" She whispered loudly "you almost gave me a heart attack"
"Sorry" he said "why are you whispering?"
"Because it's the middle of the night and people are sleeping."
"Oh yes, you're right so why aren't you sleeping?"
"I came down to make Lu's bottle. Why are you not in bed?"
"You know I can't sleep when you are not there." He said rubbing the back of his hand down her cheek.
He kissed her softly on her lips. He ran his hand down her back and squeezed her butt, making her gasp. He used that opportunity to slide his tongue into her mouth making her moan into his mouth. Liz placed her hands on his chest intending to push him away. Somehow her hands ended  up around his neck as she pulled him closer. He was about to deepen the kiss when the lights suddenly came on.

"Hello love birds" Leo said as they sprang apart and Liz went back to making the baby's bottle. "What are you two doing down here?"
"Making Lu's bottle" Liz said "what are you doing here?"
"Getting a glass of water" Leo said getting a glass from the cupboard and going over to the tap. "Does it really take both of you to make one tiny little bottle?"
"Mind your own business." Jason said grabbing Liz's hand and leading her back to their room.