CHAPTER 18

A week before Leo was supposed to leave, Jason asked for his help. He wanted to do something special for Liz and since him and Leo where getting along now he asked for his help.

They planned the surprise on Liz's day off, which was a Friday. It was also the day for Lu's immunization. Jason dropped Liz and Lu at the doctor's and hurried home to help Leo set up the surprise. When all was ready he went back to fetch Liz and Lu. When they arrived Leo took Liz to their room to get her ready.

"What's going on?" Liz asked
"Remember you wanted to model for me? Well today's your lucky day" Leo said, as he took the baby from her.
"Jusy put on this outfit and meet me in the backyard" he said, pointing to an outfit laid out on the bed.
"Hurry up" he added as he left with the baby. Liz went to look at the outfit. Blue pants, blue tube top with a little waist coat to over. Is it even called a waist coat if it's this tiny? Liz asked herself . And the shoes!? They looked like something out of Alladin. Gold and pointy with lots of bling on them. Wait a minute. Blue harem pants, blue top, gold shoes and even a gold headband. JASMINE!! Liz thought. Leo is dressing me up like Jasmine. Now she was getting excited. Shr hurriedly took a shower and got dressed in the Jasmine outfit and went outside. When she got to the backyard she was shocked. It had been changed into a whole new world. There was a beautiful oriental carpet on the grass. There wer fairy lights twinkling all over. There were scatter cushions all over the carpet and a picnic basket in the centre. There was even a stuffed monkey in the corner that looked like Abu(Alladin's monkey) It was all so beautiful. Liz was speechless

"Hello Princess" Jason said walking out to her. He was also dressed in harem pants but he had no top and his six pack was in full view. He had a tiny red hat on his head. He looked good enough to eat.
"Jason, what did you do?"
"Made your fairytale come true. Do you like it?"
"I love it!" Liz said jumping into his arms and hugging him tight.
"But Leo said-"
"Leo helped me to set this up." He said  cutting her off.
"His also taking care of Lu so we have the whole night to ourselves." He said as he went over to the radio that Liz hadn't even noticed. He pressed  a button and Peobo Bryson and Regina Bell came through the speakers singing 'A whole new world'
He came back and took Liz in his arms as they danced to the music.

It was an amazing evening. They danced, they talked, they ate and Jason officially asked Liz to be his girlfriend. It was so romantic Liz almost cried. Best of all, they made love for the first time that night and it was amazing.

Leo had come out and taken photos of them and the whole set up. He said he would make an album for them as a thank you for putting  up with him.
The next morning Leo cornered Liz in the kitchen to give him all the details.
"Out with it chomie (friend) I want all the juicy details" he said. Liz laughed. "I knew I shouldn't have taught you that word but anyway. Come and help me clean up the backyard and I'll give all the details." She said heading out.

6 MONTH'S LATER

Lu first birthday was coming up. She was getting so big and she had already started walking. They had decided not to do a big celebration since Lu would not remember it anyway. She would probably fall asleep half way through the party. They decided to go to the beach. Just the 3 of them and spend time together as a family. They packed some food, sunscreen and sun hats and they were off. They had a great time together celebrating their baby's first birthday. Lu enjoyed playing in the sand. She even decided that she liked Liz's hat better than  her own.

 She even decided that she liked Liz's hat better than  her own

So Liz just let her have it. Towards evening they were about to get some ice-cream and head home when Leo suddenly showed up.
"Hey lovebirds" he said walking up to them. Lu got up and run to meet her favorite aunticle as Leo called himself. Liz also got up for a hug.
"Are you stalking us?" She asked him.
"I couldn't miss my favorite niece's birthday now could I?" He said winking at Jason. "I want to take her for some ice-cream. Is that okay with you momma bear?" He asked. Jason answered before Liz could say anything. "Yes, that's fine Leo. Liz and I will just take a walk on the beach. We will meet you at the car". With that he grabbed Liz and they walked away. "What was that about?" Liz asked as they walked hand in hand.

 "What was that about?" Liz asked as they walked hand in hand

"I called Leo because I wanted a little time alone with you." Jason said.
"But we were alone babe."
" I wanted it to be just the two of us because I wanted to ask you something" Jason said stopping in tracks. "And what's that?" Liz asked stopping as well. Suddenly Jason took her hand and fell to his knee in front of her. "What are you doing?" Liz asked surprised. Jason took a small box oit of his pocket and opened it to reveal a gorgeous ring.
"Lizeka Ndlovu, I've loved you from the first time I saw you jogging down the road. After spending all this time with you I realised that I don't ever want to be without you. Will you spend the rest of your life with me? Will you marry me?"
Liz just stood there shocked with tears running down her face until Jason cleared his throat and asked for an answer. "Yes, yes, yes" Liz answered as he put the ring on her finger and picked her up and spun her around. They hadn't even noticed the people around them until they started clapping.

They finally left the beach to go find Lu and Leo. As soon as they came into view Leo rushed up to Liz to see the ring. "You knew about this didn't you?" She accused him. Leo just laughed and said:        

"I know everything darling."