1991: FIVE

C H A P T E R

F I V E

“She's pretty even when she's eating.”

The compliment will ever come to an end, she feel like she's being delusional because the family that is in front of her is her own family. It's weird to see them in their younger version of themselves, especially her father. Inyoung awkwardly laughs when she received compliments again, it's making her awkward to eat then.

“Mom, you should stop that. She's getting embarrassed.” Junho spoke, earning a spontaneous laugh from his mother.

“Eat. Don't mind them,” Junho spoke again, giving Inyoung the meat on her bowl. She wanted to cry so bad, she missed her father. Her father always did that to her whenever they have dinner together.

“It's okay, I'm full.” Inyoung smiles and she still saw Junho's mother admiring her. Her smile didn't fade away everytime she's taking. Besides, Junho's siblings were staring at her and that feels so creepy knowing that they're her aunt and uncle.

“Jinwoo, Junseo. Stop staring her already, she'll scared.” Junho's father spoke this time.

“I'm sorry. It's just that I can't believe Junho brings girl home, don't get me wrong, I love having you here but girls around him is just so pretty,” Jinwoo said, giggling as she teased her brother. She's so Darrell and that's make Inyoung missed Darrell even more.

“Right, Haeun was here before. Guess they just stopped talking, besides, Inyoung is more beautiful.” Junseo said, supporting his sister. Jinwoo high-five his hand causing Junho to glare at both of them.

“Jinwoo, Junseo, I told both of you to stop. I'm sorry, Inyoung. Don't mind my kids.” Inyoung smile, nodding her head. God, no words can describe how she missed her family. It's like she's a total stranger to them now.

What did she expect? She suddenly went to 1991 and she didn't know how can that happened.

Few minutes after having dinner, Inyoung excused herself outside the house. She felt embarrassed for staying there, if it's not because of Junho, maybe she'll never stay there. Now that she got nowhere to stay, she needed money to rent a place. A part-time sounds okay to her, for sure.

But she'll never get to work as a part time if she's in a year of 2018. Her father would never let her work because he keep saying that he can help her with everything that involves money. But this is 1991, where she have to stand on her own foot.

She need to be independent in the world that's she's not familiar and belong to.

“Hey,” Inyoung lost her thoughts up upon she heard Junho's voice behind her. She smile, moving a little bit to the side so that Junho can join her. She has been sitting on that wooden bench for like minutes, she didn't even hear him going outside the house.

“It's cold, why are you going outside?” Inyoung asked. Now that her father is in the same age as her, she really got comfortable talking to him informallyㅡ like a friend.

“I should be the one who ask you that, Cha Inyoung. You shouldn't be here, it's cold.” he chuckles, slightly ruffling Inyoung's hair. Gosh, if he keep on acting like that people would assume them dating. But noㅡ he's my father!