1991: TWENTY FOUR

C H A P T E R

T W E N T Y   F O U R

Few days of trying to accept the reality of it was just her dream, Inyoung couldn't help to think about Sunghoon. If he didn't exist, then why would he be in her dream? He is someone that she didn't know. None of them know who he is and that includes Daniel and Darrell.

Darrell nudged Daniel's arm, signalling him to look at Inyoung who was spacing out. She didn't even eat her meal, comparing to the siblings their meals was almost done. Daniel shurgged, telling his brother that he also clueless about what happened to Inyoung.

“Inyoung, what's wrong? Why didn't you eat?” Daniel spoke, break the silence between the three of them. Darrell nodded, busy chewing his foods.

“Oh- nothing. Just thinking about something,” she chuckles, starting to eat her foods. God, she need to stop thinking about everything— and that includes Park Sunghoon.

“Inyoung, you're going back to class right? After this?” Darrell asked, just to make sure since he actually have meetings for music club that he participate.

“Yes, I'll take my books first and then go to the library.” she replied.

“Then Daniel can walk you to our classroom-”

“Man, I can't. I actually have football practice after this.” Daniel pouts as he looked at Inyoung. She smiles at how caring her cousins are, they never want her to walk alone cause they didn't trust the boys in their school.

Daniel said they look like a bunches of fuck boys— but honestly, Inyoung didn't agree on that. They look normal to her, besides why would they bother her?

“Yeonjun, Soobin. Can you stop babying me? What is wrong with me walking alone? It's not that something going to happen?” Inyoung said causing Darrell rolled his eyes when she mentioned their Korean names.

“I know but-”

“Oh come on, Daniel. You can trust me, nothing is going to happen.” Inyoung smiles, feeling a hundred perfect sure that Daniel will give in and he did. He gave up since he's afraid of Inyoung felt tired having both of them around her.

Minutes after they finished eating, three of them separated and Inyoung was on her way to her classroom, just to take her books before going to the library. She was scrolling through her social medias just to see what's going on recently and nothing seems interesting to her.

Her phone then buzzed, receiving a call from Darrell. She groans before picking it up, he definitely wants her to do something if he's not, Darrell won't call her for nothing.

“What do you want?” she asked, putting her hand on her hip as she stopped walking.

“Jesus, calm down baby.”

“Baby my ass, what Darrell?” she asked again, annoyed as she received a giggles from Darrell.

“I know you're going to be mad but can you please take my notebook on my locker? Please....?”

“Darrell, your locker is way too far from where I am right now. Why won't you take it yourself?” she said, looking around as she's controlling her voice. Darrell on the other hand laughing as if she's not serious at all.