1991: SIXTEEN

C H A P T E R

S I X T E E N

"That doesn't make sense at all," Sunghoon stated, thinking really hard about what Inyoung said to him last night. Maybe she didn't mean to say that she seems so serious when she confessed it, most importantly she looks sad. Her eyes told everything. 

Sunghoon closed his locker and then pressed his lips into a line, he can't even stop thinking about it and he didn't even know why it's bothering him that much. "Right, maybe she's just joking around,"

When Sunghoon was about to walk away, Junho was there too. That made them facing each others as. Sunghoon tried to go to the left but Junho suprisingly did the same thing. Junho cleared his throat, feeling the awkward tension between them. Sunghoon badly want to talk to Junho, he;s just afraid that Junho won't talk to him anymore. 

"Wait, can we talk?" Sunghoon quickly ask as he catch Junho's hand when he's about to walk away. Junho sighed, want it or no, he need to talk to Sunghoon. No matter what happened between both of them, Junho still admitted that Sunghoon is his first ever close friend. 

Now that they took a seat at the nearest place, which is the school student study zone, both of them still can't break the silence due to the awkwardness and their own ego. It's been a while for them to talk to each others. Obviously they missed each others, it's just that they won't show it. 

"What do you want to talk about?" Junho asked, breaking the silence and then leaned his back at the wall. 

"About Cha Inyoung,"

"What about her? Did something happened to her?"

The sudden silence was bothering Junho a lot. He's worried that there's something happened to Inyoung, he haven't meet her yet since he have to go to the teacher's office.

“Did you do something to her? I swear if you lay your hands on her, you'll be d-”

“Can you think something nice about me just for once? Do you think I'm that bad?” Sunghoon said, pulling Junho's hand just to make him sit again. He rolled his eyes at Junho.

“About Inyoung. Did she tell you about something that she's not real or something related to that?” Sunghoon asked. Judging by Junho's expression, he's confused enough to understand what Sunghoon has said.

“What? Wait what? What are you talking about?” Junho asked him back, scratching his head and then look at Sunghoon again. Even Sunghoon looked so confused at his own question.

“Listen, I have no idea too. She just told me last night that she's not real at this world. That she came from the year of 2018. I can't tell she's joking or-”

“Wait, last night? You're with Inyoung? Where? Where did you take Inyoung?” being asked a lot of questions from Junho obviously made Sunghoon know that Junho cares for Inyoung more than anything.

“She lives with me-”

“What?!” Junho's eyes went widened just as soon as he heard that coming out from Sunghoon's mouth.

“No- what I mean is she's the one who rent the my house.”

Junho said nothing but just look at Sunghoon. Although he's surprised, he know Sunghoon is not that kind of person. He know he's taking care of Inyoung. Besides, she looks so happy lately. Not sure what was the reason but she seems so cheerful.

“About what you've said, I don't think it's real at all. Maybe she's just playing around. You know how Inyoung is. She's playful.” Junho said, looking away. He's not getting used at that situation.

“Do you like Inyoung?” a sudden question from Junho made Sunghoon froze. Is he that obvious?

“I'm just going to say that I have someone in mind and-”

“Sunghoon, if you likes Inyoung please don't play with her feelings. I'm begging.” Junho smiles. He then stand up and tapped Sunghoon's shoulder before going away. Now that he talks to Junho, he hopes that their friendship will not change after what happened.

I do like her but something is definitely not right.

✧.。*゚*。1991 。*゚*.✧

“Wait, he said that?” Inyoung asked causing Haeun can't even stop laughing. Inyoung's expression is hilarious when she told Inyoung that Junho only tells her the funny things Inyoung did.

“How dare he badmouthed me,”  she pouts but then she immediately froze when she saw Sunghoon walking towards the school corridor with his book on his hand. Haeun saw that and it made her smile.

“You like him, huh?” Haeun nudges Inyoung with her arm, smirking.

“What? No! I just look at him-”

“So you know who I'm talking about? I'm talking about Sunghoon.” Haeun said again, teasing Inyoung. She pressed her lips into a line, knowing that Haeun was looking at her when she's looking at Sunghoon.

“Stop talking nonsense. Oh- actually I have a question,” Inyoung said, trying to distract Haeun from teasing her for looking at Sunghoon.

“What? About Sunghoon?” Inyoung pouts, elbowing Haeun. Haeun ended up giggling and give Inyoung a quick hug before paying attention to Inyoung.

“Is there any figure skater on this school? Well, other than Hwang Jungtae,” she asked.

“Wait really? You didn't know?”

“I wouldn't asked if I know,” make sense. Haeun nodded, totally agree at Inyoung's statement. If she knows, she wouldn't ask her for sure.

“Park Sunghoon. He's one of the skaters in that represent the school. Jungtae join figure skating two years after the club was announced. Sunghoon was the first one to join figure skating. You really don't know?”

Inyoung's eyes went widened just when Haeun mentioned Sunghoon's name. She is Sunghoon's deskmate and Inyoung didn't even know he's doing figure skating. No wonder he always stay back when school hour is ended.

“I heard someone gave you the figure skating ticket, isn't it?”

“Yeah, I found it on my locker,”

“I'm hundred percent sure that the one who gave it was Sunghoon. I don't think Jungtae did that cause he's such a loser.” Haeun rolled her eyes when she said Jungtae's name.

“I think you should go at the event and then boom! Sunghoon will be so surprised to see you there” receiving lots of support from Haeun made Inyoung smiles. That really shows that Haeun is supporting both of them eventhough they're not in relationship.

“Will you go with me?” Inyoung asked, pouting.

“That, I will ask Junho. If he say yes then we'll go together. I'll buy the tickets later,” Haeun smiles, hugging Inyoung with full of affection. Inyoung is happy to see their friendship will turn out to be like this.

Hours after that, when their classes was dismissed, Inyoung fall asleep as she's tired to think of the answer of the maths solutions. Sunghoon just realised that she fall asleep and with that he took the pen from her hand.

“Cute,” that's the one thing that came out from his mouth when he's staring at how adorable Inyoung is. His hand slowly moved the strains of her hair that covering her face.

Sunghoon smiles and then wrote something on her hand. He know Inyoung won't stop nagging once she saw what he wrote on her book. After he done, he gently caressed her cheeks making he scrunched his nose.

“She's definitely the one,”