Chapter 3

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to thank you for reading! I really appreciate it! Make sure to comment on what you'd like to see, who you'd like to see paired together -- I was thinking of putting Beatrix and Bloom together. I'd also appreciate it if you could like the chapters to know if you like the work or not!

Thanks again!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sage was mad. Furious. After Dowling told her and Bloom about soulmates, she didn't know what to think at first. But after processing for a little bit, she was pissed. How dare these people think that she'll just accept some barbaric age-old claim on her. She was outraged. She wanted to hit something, if possible, Miss Dowling, but that couldn't happen. Talking through her teeth, she asked, "where's the training ground? I need to hit something." 

Miss Dowling had a look of shock on her face; she replied, "I can get Stella to bring you there once you're guided to your suite." All Sage could do is nodded. Bloom looked worried for her sister, it had been a while since she saw Sage so mad, and the last time, well, let's just say it ended up with a prick in the hospital. Deciding it would be best to cut in, Bloom said, "I think we should get going now. Thank you." 

"As you wish. Girls, before you leave, don't forget that once you meet your soulmate, a mark will appear on your arm, and you will have to notify a teacher once the bonding process begins," warns Dowling. Seeing her sister's face becoming more and more annoyed, Bloom decided that it would be best to leave now. She grabbed Sage's arm, pulling her out the door while saying "thank you" over her shoulder. Outside the door, Stella was waiting for them both. 

"Hey, Stella! Can you please bring me to where the Specialist train?" Ask Sage. "Sure thing! First, I'll bring you guys to the suite; you can get changed there." "That would be great, thanks!" replied Sage before putting her earphones in, trailing behind Bloom and Stella. 

Once they arrived at the suite, Sage realised that she had a room to herself, and she was thankful for that. She quickly changed, said hello and goodbye to her roommates, and quickly left with Stella, heading towards the training grounds. Sage thought it would be best to get Stella's opinion on the whole soulmate thing on the way there. 

"Stella?" the girl in question looked over to Sage. "Dowling just told me about the whole soulmate thing. What do you think about it?" She asked. Stella pondered for a moment. "Well. Soulmates are an important thing in the Otherworld. I know that arranging marriages would be a thing without them, which I'm thankful isn't. Most people end up in a good pair; they complement each other, work well together." Stella then proceeded to roll up the sleeve on her right arm, "I have a soulmate, his name is Brandon, as you can tell. I know that if we weren't soulmates, I probably wouldn't have talked to him more than once." "I've known him for a year now, and I can't imagine my life without him." 

Sage looked down, deep in thought. Then, after a long pause, she looked at Stella and said, "I am happy for you and that you have such an amazing soulmate, but I don't think a soulmate would be good for me, or rather I wouldn't be good for them. They wouldn't accept me; I'm way too fucked up for anyone. Also, I don't like the whole idea of someone having a claim on me." 

On that note, they arrived at the Specialist training area. "Well, we're here. I'll leave you to it. I'll be in my suite if you need me!" says Stella, trying to brighten the mood slightly. "Where is your suite again?" Questioned Sage. "Oh! Right, you don't know about the separate halls for the soulmates. Well, it's in that building over there," pointing west, "when soulmates start the bonding process, they move in together since they can't be apart for long without a serious amount of pain." "I'm in suite 13 if you need me." And with that, Stella turned around and left, leaving Sage to look at the equipment. 

She spied a boxing bag and decided to start with that. Since no one else was around, she took her speaker out of her bag, connected her phone and played her favourite working out playlist to help her get her anger out. While humming along to Beggin' by Måneskin, she wrapped up her hands to avoid injury. Then, taking a deep breath, she started hitting the bag with every fibre of her being to release all of her anger. Letting out a few grunts of anger and frustration with every hit, eventually ending up in tears of frustration. Finally, hitting the bag one last time, she sat on the ground, breathing deeply in frustration. 

She sat there for a minute, trying to catch her breath. When she looked up, she saw Sliva looking at her with concern laced in his eyes. "I'm fine," Sage said without having to be asked. "Just trying to get out some frustrations. Not the easiest thing to do without a live target." 

"I'll train with you if you want. My class won't be here for another 10 minutes," offered Sliva. "Besides, I want to see how good you are, see where you'll fit in," Sage smiled, "Thanks, I appreciate it," with that, Silva offered her a hand. Ironically enough, the next song to come on was Teach Me To Fight by YONAKA; Sage chuckled at that. "So, what do you want to start with?" Asked Sage. "Let's start with hand to hand," replied Silva.

The two stepped up onto the mat. Getting into a fighting stance, the two circled each other for a bit, waiting on the other to make the first move. Eventually, Silva went in for a punch; Sage blocked, then shifted position, her feet crossed, left in front of right. she spun on her left foot, the right coming up and out, making contact with Silva's chest. Silva staggered backwards slightly to take in the impact of the blow. Recovering quickly, he dropped under Sage's arms, moving sideways as he did so, and slammed his forearm across Sage's stomach as he closed in. Sage, not expecting this falls to the floor. Instead, quickly bouncing back up, she did a roundhouse kick that Sliva caught. 

The two fought for a while before moving onto sword work. Silva gave her some pointers along the way, pointing out weak spots, praising her when she fought well. However, they both didn't realise that Silva's students had made their way down during training and were watching with fascination at this girl, who they'd never seen before, fighting with Silva.