Chapter 4

Eventually, Sage and Silva came out of their little training world to notice the herd of first-year students standing to the side, most with their mouths dropped open in shock. Sage smiling lightly, "Well, thank you, Headmaster Silva. I'll leave you to your class. I'm going to go back to the punching bag if that's alright with you!" 

"Not a problem Sage, I'll have you join my second-year class; that will be more your speed; you'll get your updated schedule tomorrow. In the meantime, be back here for 1400 hours and tomorrow at 0600." Sage smiled, turned on her heel and walked back to the punching bag. 

After a bit, Sage feels most of her anger subsided, thanks to Silva, and decided to head back to her room to shower and change before heading for food. When she reaches the dorm, she sees a girl surrounded by many plants, must be an earth fairy, and a girl sitting on the couch with headphones on, obviously a mind fairy. Going into her sister's dorm, she sees her on the phone to their parents and a black-haired girl at a different bed unpacking. 

"How was your flight?" she heard their mom ask. "Good. You know, long," replied Bloom. "Where's your sister? We wanted to see the both of you!" asked their dad. "Oh, she just walked in now," 

"Hi Mom, Dad. How are you guys?" asked Sage coming into view of the camera on the phone. "We're good, honey. Now enough about us. Do you guys have any roommates? Friends?" Sage and Bloom saw their dad shoot their mom a look at these questions. They both glanced at each other. "It's literally day one, mom", replied Bloom, "yea and I haven't been to my room yet," added Sage. "Well, where were you then?" questioned their mom. "I was at a gym of sorts, felt to wound up after the flight, wanted to stretch a bit." Their mom hummed, "what are the people like?" she asked. 

"Everyone seems... cool, I guess. I mean, it's six girls in an enclosed space, so it's a matter of time before we descend into a Lord of the Flies situation and  kill each other." "Lady of the Flies, sweetie. Don't be sexist." joked their dad; at that, Bloom and Sage smiled. 

"Could you at least make an effort to be social, Bloom? I know how you are. This is a fresh start. Don't just sit in your room. And Sage, don't just spend all your time at the gym." scolded their mother. "Got it, Mom. Thank you," said Bloom fed up; Sage just nodded.  

Trying to change the subject, their dad said, "Hey, I see a window. Do you have a nice view?" To which Sage replied quickly, "No, the first years have crap views." 

"Well, I bet the worst view of the Alps is better than the best view of Gardenia." said their mom, quickly following up with, "What time is it there, by the way? It seems bright." The two girls looked at each other, Bloom trying to come up with a lie, "Oh... Yeah, actually, um, it..." 

The other girl in the dorm thought it best to save the poor sisters, picking up Blooms lamp, switching it on and off while saying, "Alright. Lights out. Phones off." Sage, relieved, said, "Uh, we gotta go, guys. We love you." before Bloom, who was holding the phone, hung up with one last smile. 

"You're a lifesaver," said Bloom. The girl chuckles, "I'll answer to that. Or to Aisha. Just wanted to get in your good graces, so you don't go Lady of the Flies on me. Do I wanna know why they think you're in the Alps?" "Our parents are both human. So they think that Alfea is an international boarding school in Switzerland," replied Sage. Aisha raised an eyebrow at this, "Human parents, fairy daughters?" "Mm-hmm. Miss Dowling said there's, um, a fairy somewhere in my family tree, like a long-dormant magical bloodline. One of these days, I'm gonna get used to how absolutely ridiculous this all sounds," answered Bloom. 

"Oh my God. Are you the one person in the universe who's never read Harry Potter?" asked Aisha in horror. Sage scoffed, "Please. If you knew how many hours we have wasted taking Sorting Hat quizzes." Aisha turned to Bloom, "Ravenclaw?" and to Sage, "Slytherin?" Bloom smiles softly, "Sometimes Slytherin, yeah." Sage just grinned. "That explains the lies then," remarked Aisha. "Hm. Let me guess. Gryffindor. Explains the judgment," replied Sage. 

"Well, I'm gonna go check out my room then." and with that, she walked out. Sage looked around her room and noticed that she didn't have a roommate, "thank god, I didn't want to deal with the thoughts and emotions of an anxious roommate," she thought to herself. 

Sage looked up at the clock, noticing the time, "shit, I have to get ready for my first training class," and with that thought, she took a speedy shower, changed, shoved her earphones in and ran out the door, making it to the training ground with 10 minutes to spare. 

Since she had 10 minutes, Sage, being the ever pent up teen, decided to take a hit at the punching bag. Nodding to Silva on her way over to the gym section, and started to hit. 

Silva was working on his lesson plans when his second year started making its way down. Silva looked up, noticing his two favourite pupils, Sky and Riven, making their way over to him; he smiled at them. "Hey, Silva! How was your summer?" asked Riven, "Fine, trained with Sky, as I'm sure he told you." "Sky, can you go over to Sage at the punching bag and ask her to join us." "Who is she?" Asked Riven, "I don't remember her from last year." "She's a first-year but spent a lot of time studying martial arts and weaponry; I evaluated her skills and decided she would fit best with the second years over the first." "She must be good then." Sky said in awe. He felt some sort of connection to her. Silva nodded, "She is, and she can benefit from training with you and Riven, which is why I'm partnering you both with her."

Riven looked over to her, "there's something about her that I just can't place," he thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All, Thanks again for reading! I would really appreciate some comments or likes, just to make sure you guys like where this story is going. 

Thanks again! I never thought that people would actually like to read my work!